Maurice Clarett | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Maurice Clarett

Agent51

Practice Squad
Reaction score
OK, now I think the guy deserved a shot, and has talent, but for a guy that was OUT OF FOOTBALL for 2 years, and sued people left and right, do you think he deserved to go in the 3rd, and to the BRONCOS at that? I am a firm believer in second chances, and what Clarett has done off the field hasn't really bothered ME, but it seemed to be a HUGE deal for everyone else, and now he gets to be a Bronco, where pretty much ALL runners have all-star seasons. I think once he finally starts and becomes a pro-bowler, or an alternate, or is at least up there with the pro-bowlers in terms of performance people are gonna start going jumping BACK on the bandwagon he had in college. I don't think DENVER is an accurate place to measure what talent he still has though, c'mon, EEVRYONE succeeds at that position there. Now he is going to be good and there will be all these "cinderalla" stories everywhere about how he "overcame all this adversity" and went 1st day when he was projected as late rounder or UFA, but I don't think all that will be deserved because he caught a break going to a team where RBs don't really fail. If he went to any other team it would be a more accurate depiction of what type of player he will be. He is pretty much garunteed to do SOMETHING good now. I don't know if what I'm trying to say is coming across the right way in this post, or if you guys understand what I mean, lol, but I think he is super lucky to have gone to Denver because I don't think he will dhave done as good anywhere else but now he will prolly succeed and become the NFL's next "Kurt Warner" succes story.

Agent51 said:
OK, now I think the guy deserved a shot, and has talent, but for a guy that was OUT OF FOOTBALL for 2 years, and sued people left and right, do you think he deserved to go in the 3rd, and to the BRONCOS at that? I am a firm believer in second chances, and what Clarett has done off the field hasn't really bothered ME, but it seemed to be a HUGE deal for everyone else, and now he gets to be a Bronco, where pretty much ALL runners have all-star seasons. I think once he finally starts and becomes a pro-bowler, or an alternate, or is at least up there with the pro-bowlers in terms of performance people are gonna start going jumping BACK on the bandwagon he had in college. I don't think DENVER is an accurate place to measure what talent he still has though, c'mon, EEVRYONE succeeds at that position there. Now he is going to be good and there will be all these "cinderalla" stories everywhere about how he "overcame all this adversity" and went 1st day when he was projected as late rounder or UFA, but I don't think all that will be deserved because he caught a break going to a team where RBs don't really fail. If he went to any other team it would be a more accurate depiction of what type of player he will be. He is pretty much garunteed to do SOMETHING good now. I don't know if what I'm trying to say is coming across the right way in this post, or if you guys understand what I mean, lol, but I think he is super lucky to have gone to Denver because I don't think he will dhave done as good anywhere else but now he will prolly succeed and become the NFL's next "Kurt Warner" succes story.

Where is Chigaco ? I didn't know there was another expansion team ( Your Sig..)

marino2duper73 said:
Where is Chigaco ? I didn't know there was another expansion team ( Your Sig..)

It's the Bears' farm team? you didn't hear, the NFL is having farm leagues like MLB now..................lol, yeah, it's a typo, thanks for pointing it out.

I think it was a smart move by denver, some teams were talking about taking him in the 4th, and basically, it was a 4th round pick. It was the last pick on day one.

I'm just suprised he went higher then mcpherson.

I think clarett is going to do very well in denver.

and it was a comp pick.. Free pick.. If the guy was a bust, at least it was a pick that was given to them..

Agent51 said:

hate to tell you " know it alls " i told you so but, I TOLD YOU SO Good thing alot of you guys don't work in the scouting department. :tongue:

Clarrett came into the NFL into the BEST situation for him...with a RB guru who turns 1000 yard rushers from nothing, if he stays in a Bronco jersey he will turn out probably 4 or 5 1000+ yard season, which is good

HelloMotto said:
hate to tell you " know it alls " i told you so but, I TOLD YOU SO Good thing alot of you guys don't work in the scouting department. :tongue:

I NEVER SAID clarett wasn't good, EVER. I KNEW he would get drafted higher than 5-7 or be a UFA, i just didn't expect 3rd, I thought 4. I said the guy deserves a chance and didn't knowck his talents and i don't care about the off the field crap, the point of my post was that I bet he turns into some crazy cinderalla or rags to riches posterboy for the NFL because he is pretty much garunteed to succeed in Denver but I'm not sure how good he would do somewhere else, so he's lucky he went to Denver

HelloMotto said:

LMFAO.....I'm with you here too.....I TOLD YOU SO!!!!!! he's going to be a good back too......then I'll say I TOLD YOU SO AGAIN.....too many damn foolish "experts" that obviously never watch any games!!!

Clarrett is a hell of a back. He will prove it. He has matured. I guess we wil see how much. He will have to share the backfield. He is behind two proven runners in Denver right now. According to most of you guys he will fold before he gets his chance cause he will start acting like a baby. Now you guys are already coming out with excuses while he might sucseed. LOL too funny

HelloMotto said:

Actually you said that "we" would draft Maurice Clarett in the 3rd round. So technically you're wrong, and we can say "we told you so". You were wrong, Shanahan overreached for a RB in the 3rd round. He may be a decent back, but SHanahan has showed the last 2 years that his GM skills are seriously declining. GOod thing you're not our GM, we'd have a bad team. Much like the one Wanny built/destroyed.

Ohio Fanatic said:
Actually you said that "we" would draft Maurice Clarett in the 3rd round. So technically you're wrong, and we can say "we told you so". You were wrong, Shanahan overreached for a RB in the 3rd round. He may be a decent back, but SHanahan has showed the last 2 years that his GM skills are seriously declining. GOod thing you're not our GM, we'd have a bad team. Much like the one Wanny built/destroyed.

That comment was directed to people like you that state M Clarett has no talent or is a quiter or doesn't deserve to be drafted or is too slow or blah blah blah. It's nice to see another scouting department confirm my theory. This kid would have been a number one pick today if he wasn't such a knucklhead off the field. We would have drafted him later also. Dallas was ready to snag him in the fourth. :evil:

Shanahan obviously thinks he got value there since he claimed Clarett would have been top 10-15 pick if he had stayed in school for couple of more years.

MiamiFan1354 said:
and it was a comp pick.. Free pick.. If the guy was a bust, at least it was a pick that was given to them..

Excellent point. With Denver's offensive line and their scheme blocking I think Clarett is going to have success there and be productive. I just don't think it'll happen right away. Maybe towards the end of this season once he starts getting some playing time, I'll expect him to start improving and showcasing his talent. I think Tatum Bell, Quentin Griffin, and Mike Anderson will carry the load for the beginning if not most of the season.

I love hearing all of the doubter. Just think. Good College RB, Denver offensive line = Pro Bowl.

Back
Top Bottom