Maurice Jones-drew: Kenyan Drake Is A Bottom-five Starting Nfl Running Back | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Maurice Jones-drew: Kenyan Drake Is A Bottom-five Starting Nfl Running Back

Can't say i agree with that list, a healthy David Johnson is not the 25th best running back in the NFL.

I also think MJD has Phillip Lindsay way too low.

With regards to Drake, i think he is what he is at this point. He's a situational RB that can be effective under the right circumstances and use.

I think Drake will be running the rock with a group this year. It will be interesting to see at the end of the year if the team values him enough to re-sign him and if so and what dollar amount?

Kenyan Drake can be a very effective weapon in the hands of a smart offensive coordinator. Unfortunately, we haven't had one of those in the time that he's been a Dolphin. I simply don't trust Adam Gase's evaluation of what makes a starting running back. I think Chad O'Shea and Jim Caldwell will come up with lots of opportunities for KD to have some real mismatches.

He has great moments, and cringe worthy moments. Remember when he fumbled the ball on the goal line in that game against the bears.. But then I remember him spinning patty chung out of his shorts and the Miami Miracle and he’s forgiven.

Exciting player to watch, I like when he has the ball in his hands. I’d say somewhere between top 15-20 starting RB.

He is nothing special and I was hoping we would have looked at a RB in the draft, hopefully next year.

Will be interesting to see how much work Gaskin gets. He has much better vision than Drake and especially Ballage, but he's significantly slower than either. All should be quality receivers out of the backfield. It's a weird group.

To be honest, I really don't know how good Drake is, but it really doesn't matter if he is a bottom five starter. The running back position is the least important position on the field. You don't need a top tier running back to get production from the position. You can get production from the position by a committee of players if need be. Sure, it makes it easier if you have an elite talent at the position, but it just isn't necessary to have team success.

Drake sucks. The love he gets on here by some is baffling.

Gore at 35 or however old he is is still better than Drake.

This team needs to get a real 3 down back within the next year or two.

He doesn’t “suck” he’s just not a 20 carry between the tackles RB. He’s got versatility coming out of the backfield and is explosive.

Frank Gore is an athletic freak and a HOFer. No shame that Gore was a better runner.

If he doesn't step up and be the workhorse back this year, I doubt he ever will. Drake just seems like a committee back to me, nothing wrong with that I just never envisioned him being THE guy.

He was that way in college, he was that way in HS.

Theres nothing wrong with a committee back, keeps em all fresh for the entire season.

He needs a power guy to compliment him. I dont know why ppl get so emotionally invested in players that have never helped this franchise win a playoff game. Honestly, Drake is a good #2 back. There is nothing wrong with that. But to act like hes our only playmaker in a league where running backs all should be playmakers is ridiculous.

It's very likely Drake will not get another contract from the Dolphins and will be on another team this time next year. NE doesnt gove big contracts to RBs and we shouldnt either.

He needs a power guy to compliment him. I dont know why ppl get so emotionally invested in players that have never helped this franchise win a playoff game. Honestly, Drake is a good #2 back. There is nothing wrong with that. But to act like hes our only playmaker in a league where running backs all should be playmakers is ridiculous.

It's very likely Drake will not get another contract from the Dolphins and will be on another team this time next year. NE doesnt gove big contracts to RBs and we shouldnt either.
Like qb, the rb is a glorified position. I think it's natural for fans to yearn for the position to be finally solidified with whatever player x is on the roster. It's been a long time since we had a dominant back, Ricky. But our roster has been lacking dominant at almost every position for far too long. Hell I don't see another hall of fame player outside of Zach, for probably another decade. Hopefully Fitz or Howard but I'm not getting any hopes up.

Back
Top Bottom