Maurice Jones-drew: Kenyan Drake Is A Bottom-five Starting Nfl Running Back | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Maurice Jones-drew: Kenyan Drake Is A Bottom-five Starting Nfl Running Back

Why is it that a quarterback gets a pass or the online as an excuse, yet Drake isn't shown the same grace? How isn't Drake giving the benefit of the doubt when it comes to our previous regime as well, I personally am going to give most of players a wait and see with the new coaches. It truly is hard to evaluate success with the previous regime, but that's just my opinion for what worth.

I wouldn't rate him bottom 5, but he isn't top half either.

He does some things well, but he will likely never be a between the tackles, bellcow type of player, unless he learns when to take 4 yds when that's all that is there. He has a tendency to dance, and hesitate looking for the big play.

I like Drake. It's obvious he loves the game, and as far as I can tell, puts the team first.

Give him a full season getting more than 4 carries a game and he'll be a star I reckon.

Kenyan is a beast, he's just fragile, look at his legs for god's sake.

Doesn't mean he can't still be a great player, he just needs a short yardage back to compliment him which is totally fine.

MJD is way off, he probably just looks at those legs and thinks about how his were bigger in like the 3rd grade lol.

Kenyan is a beast, he's just fragile, look at his legs for god's sake.

Doesn't mean he can't still be a great player, he just needs a short yardage back to compliment him which is totally fine.

MJD is way off, he probably just looks at those legs and thinks about how his were bigger in like the 3rd grade lol.

"Drake is fragile"

Hasn't missed an NFL game...

I will say that outside of Jones, Drake is the most overrated player on this team. Dime a dozen type RB that can be had in any draft in the mid-rounds. The fact he is the starting RB screams that we need to upgrade.

While I wouldn’t go as far as to say that he is a bottom 5 back, I think Drake is the single most overrated player on the team. Hopefully he comes into his own this season and earns the accolades he’s already getting.

"Drake is fragile"

Hasn't missed an NFL game...

I will say that outside of Jones, Drake is the most overrated player on this team. Dime a dozen type RB that can be had in any draft in the mid-rounds. The fact he is the starting RB screams that we need to upgrade.

He also doesn't carry the ball often, from college:

"Drake endured an injury-riddled college career, including 9 games lost to a broken and dislocated ankle in 2014, 2 more lost to a right arm fracture in 2015 and a concussion (which didn't claim any games). His NFL stint has been comparatively quiet, though Drake did lose 3 weeks of 2016 training camp to a hamstring strain and a week of 2017 camp to a concussion. He has also tallied just 166 total rushing attempts through 2 seasons. Drake figures to see much more work in his 3rd season after emerging as Miami's lead back following the Jay Ajayi trade. Can he hold up?"

This dude is durable (Terrance West, BEAST at Towson), look at those fire-hydrants for legs, but he's slow unlike Drake which is why even when I went to school with him and he was killing it I knew he would never be successful at this level:

usatsi_10294478.jpg

Last edited:
This team needs to get a real 3 down back within the next year or two.

You should be the GM. At least eventually you'll get to it, even tho we have to wait a year, or two, or three. At least you give assurance, even tho you'd take your sweet time to getting it done.

He also doesn't carry the ball often, from college:

"Drake endured an injury-riddled college career, including 9 games lost to a broken and dislocated ankle in 2014, 2 more lost to a right arm fracture in 2015 and a concussion (which didn't claim any games). His NFL stint has been comparatively quiet, though Drake did lose 3 weeks of 2016 training camp to a hamstring strain and a week of 2017 camp to a concussion. He has also tallied just 166 total rushing attempts through 2 seasons. Drake figures to see much more work in his 3rd season after emerging as Miami's lead back following the Jay Ajayi trade. Can he hold up?"

This dude is durable (Terrance West, BEAST at Towson), look at those fire-hydrants for legs, but he's slow unlike Drake which is why even when I went to school with him and he was killing it I knew he would never be successful at this level:

usatsi_10294478.jpg

In five years, he has only appeared in 43 games...He also missed most of a season with a calf injury...this **** only takes a few second to look up.

Also, what is with the "leg size" thing. Is there a medical study that shows player with thicker legs are less likely to be injured?

Drake and Tannehill were both very good players when the OL was healthy, and when healthy the OL was still bottom 25% of the league. Our back up OL have been absolutely horrible and have had to play significant amounts of time over the last 7 plus years. Same story year end and year out that some on here chose to ignore. This team will never do crap regardless of who the QB, RB, receivers, and other positions are until we get an OL that can stay somewhat healthy and doesn't turn in to a clown show when the starters go down.

In five years, he has only appeared in 43 games...He also missed most of a season with a calf injury...this **** only takes a few second to look up.

Also, what is with the "leg size" thing. Is there a medical study that shows player with thicker legs are less likely to be injured?

Common sense is that with thicker legs, thinker body type means you are going to be more durable than a skinny guy.

But since not everyone gets common sense :wink:, look at how many touches Drake had in College and how many T West had, guess who had more injuries lol:

About West, "He also has proved to be a workhorse, averaging 260 carries per season in his college career". Drake had 233 attempts in 4 years...

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap20...nce-west-entering-draft-after-2509yard-season

https://www.sports-reference.com/cfb/players/kenyan-drake-1.html

And on a side note how about my boy Daniel Jones (a bum according to most on finheaven lol) going #6 overall!

Last edited:
Drake and Tannehill were both very good players when the OL was healthy, and when healthy the OL was still bottom 25% of the league. Our back up OL have been absolutely horrible and have had to play significant amounts of time over the last 7 plus years. Same story year end and year out that some on here chose to ignore. This team will never do crap regardless of who the QB, RB, receivers, and other positions are until we get an OL that can stay somewhat healthy and doesn't turn in to a clown show when the starters go down.

And I'd argue Tannehill was a good QB who was getting better up until that unavoidable hit by Calais Campbell which derailed his entire career. Darlington even said that right before the AZ game, "Gase told me privately that I have 17 playing like a BEAST right now" thanks Brandon Albert :mad:

Don't worry!

We're gonna put some Gaskin in the tank!

:)

Back
Top Bottom