Maurice Jones-drew: Kenyan Drake Is A Bottom-five Starting Nfl Running Back | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Maurice Jones-drew: Kenyan Drake Is A Bottom-five Starting Nfl Running Back

Posters on this site are going to be upset when Flores doesn’t use drake as much as hoped. It wasn’t a gase thing. Unless you have an explosive passing game you can’t get behind the chains which is what happens with drake. Plus he is less then average pass blocking. Not sold on Ballage either. Hoping Gaskin gives us something.

Common sense is that with thicker legs, thinker body type means you are going to be more durable than a skinny guy.

But since not everyone gets common sense :wink:, look at how many touches Drake had in College and how many T West had, guess who had more injuries lol:

About West, "He also has proved to be a workhorse, averaging 260 carries per season in his college career". Drake had 233 attempts in 4 years...

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap20...nce-west-entering-draft-after-2509yard-season

https://www.sports-reference.com/cfb/players/kenyan-drake-1.html

And on a side note how about my boy Daniel Jones (a bum according to most on finheaven lol) going #6 overall!

Yep and the consensus on that pick was it was an awful pick.

https://www.sbnation.com/nfl/2019/4...raft-grades-first-round-every-pick-best-worst D- for the Jones pick

Again, you said “common sense” leads one to believe that thicker legs lead to less injuries. I asked for a study or some medical article that emphasis that. You are simply making assumptions....

Yep and the consensus on that pick was it was an awful pick.

https://www.sbnation.com/nfl/2019/4...raft-grades-first-round-every-pick-best-worst D- for the Jones pick

Again, you said “common sense” leads one to believe that thicker legs lead to less injuries. I asked for a study or some medical article that emphasis that. You are simply making assumptions....

Cowturd and Kellerman versus Dave Gettleman (who btw has a GREAT track record in this league), gee wiz, I wonder who knows the most about NFL football of the 3 :rolleyes:

In regards to the size of lower legs and injuries (I know Chip Kelly was a bad coach, but his teams were always very healthy and it's because he understood the important of having thick knees):

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap30...have-wide-enough-knees-to-play-for-chip-kelly

Spoiler alert: evidence would suggest Philadelphia’s sports science program has been able to keep the team very healthy. So healthy, in fact, that the Eagles are the healthiest team in the NFL the past two seasons."

https://insidetheiggles.com/2015/07/03/bacon-eggs-and-eagles-the-nfls-healthiest-team/

Last edited:
There are some posters that somehow believe they can judge Drake (or ANY other player we have that depends on blocking schemes to excel) without holding the O-Line accountable … and the coaching.... and maybe the scheme itself....

I don't think the book has been written on the players on this team until we have had some live games in real time action …. truth is we have no idea who is going to excel with this team... I give credit to many on this site who are seriously smart and absolutely know the game....

BUT this story is yet to be written and the last I checked these players have what it takes to get this far while MANY others have not.... I will wait to see how they play for our new Miami Dolphins …

Cowturd and Kellerman versus Dave Gettleman (who btw has a GREAT track record in this league), gee wiz, I wonder who knows the most about NFL football of the 3 :rolleyes:

In regards to the size of lower legs and injuries (I know Chip Kelly was a bad coach, but his teams were always very healthy and it's because he understood the important of having thick knees):

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap30...have-wide-enough-knees-to-play-for-chip-kelly

Spoiler alert: evidence would suggest Philadelphia’s sports science program has been able to keep the team very healthy. So healthy, in fact, that the Eagles are the healthiest team in the NFL the past two seasons."

https://insidetheiggles.com/2015/07/03/bacon-eggs-and-eagles-the-nfls-healthiest-team/

Gettleman doesn't have a great track record...that team lives off Cam, Olson, and Luke. He's manage to find nothing but role players in his drafts with the Panthers as GM...sort of the Elway living off the work Xanders did as GM in Denver for a few years.

Hell, Gettleman has even struggled to defend the pick saying he fell in love with him after three series in an exhibition game.

and once again, you failed to show an scientific evidence for the knee injury, just an assumption and a very limit sample size.

Gettleman doesn't have a great track record...that team lives off Cam, Olson, and Luke. He's manage to find nothing but role players in his drafts with the Panthers as GM...sort of the Elway living off the work Xanders did as GM in Denver for a few years.

Hell, Gettleman has even struggled to defend the pick saying he fell in love with him after three series in an exhibition game.

and once again, you failed to show an scientific evidence for the knee injury, just an assumption and a very limit sample size.

Josh Norman and Kawaun Short might have something to say about that, and I’m sure a lot of others I can’t name off the top of my head, and if u truly don’t believe there’s any correlation to the size of a mans legs and his durability in the nfl well I’ll just agree to disagree, like our opinions of Daniel Jones.

There are some posters that somehow believe they can judge Drake (or ANY other player we have that depends on blocking schemes to excel) without holding the O-Line accountable … and the coaching.... and maybe the scheme itself....

I don't think the book has been written on the players on this team until we have had some live games in real time action …. truth is we have no idea who is going to excel with this team... I give credit to many on this site who are seriously smart and absolutely know the game....

BUT this story is yet to be written and the last I checked these players have what it takes to get this far while MANY others have not.... I will wait to see how they play for our new Miami Dolphins …

Well, many posters here have been NFL fans for several decades. Not just Dolphin fans, but fans of the game, and players throughout NFL history.

I would say you throw out the biased (for whatever reason) extremes on either side of the debate, and the middle is close to reality.

There's a very unscientific, and unquantifiable analysis that has proven quite accurate in player assessment. It's called the eyeball test.

Most intelligent ppl, without an agenda, are capable of weighing the variables, and overall team weaknesses/strenths when judging the merits of an individual player.

That being said, it is possible that the ineptness of the Gase clown show did arrest the development of some players, including Drake, but if you are expecting him to all of the sudden be a pro bowler, I believe you are in for a disappointment.

Josh Norman and Kawaun Short might have something to say about that, and I’m sure a lot of others I can’t name off the top of my head, and if u truly don’t believe there’s any correlation to the size of a mans legs and his durability in the nfl well I’ll just agree to disagree, like our opinions of Daniel Jones.

Bruh, Josh Norman wasn't drafted by Gettleman...

I see him as the kind of back you get the ball to at the right time/place situations. For him to be the rock pounder we need, I think we'd have to have a very good OL and perhaps the benefit of a people moving FB. He's got talent and he can take it to the house, but I don't believe he can carry the team... So bottom 5 maybe a bit harsh, but I honestly don't see him as a mid-pack guy either. I hope he proves me wrong big time though.

Bruh, Josh Norman wasn't drafted by Gettleman...

Good point, replace Norman with Trai Turner who was a 3rd round pick and is one of the best guards in the league. Gettleman might not be a great GM, but he’s certainly not the worst either based on his track record and he knows a lot more about football than any talking heads on tv (or anyone on finheaven).

Last edited:

Gettleman is a buffoon. Any moron that would draft a running back with the second pick in the draft (especially when the team needs a qb) should be fired. Then, to compound the error, he drafts Daniel Jones the next year. So in two first round picks he came away with Saquon Barkley and Daniel Jones when,if he knew what he was doing, he could have come away with Sam Darnold and Josh Allen.

Gettleman is a buffoon. Any moron that would draft a running back with the second pick in the draft (especially when the team needs a qb) should be fired. Then, to compound the error, he drafts Daniel Jones the next year. So in two first round picks he came away with Saquon Barkley and Daniel Jones when,if he knew what he was doing, he could have come away with Sam Darnold and Josh Allen.

We’ll see. Barkley was definitely the right pick imo, Jones is tbd...

Drake and Tannehill were both very good players when the OL was healthy, and when healthy the OL was still bottom 25% of the league. Our back up OL have been absolutely horrible and have had to play significant amounts of time over the last 7 plus years. Same story year end and year out that some on here chose to ignore. This team will never do crap regardless of who the QB, RB, receivers, and other positions are until we get an OL that can stay somewhat healthy and doesn't turn in to a clown show when the starters go down.
I agree w u on some of problem but main problem w dolphins is front office,bad hiring of coaching. Qb should be on our top list..last 18 yr of dolphins say we need big time qb first to win in this NFL. Secondly some of thing u state as well

Back
Top Bottom