Maurice Jones-drew: Kenyan Drake Is A Bottom-five Starting Nfl Running Back | Page 6 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Maurice Jones-drew: Kenyan Drake Is A Bottom-five Starting Nfl Running Back

I’m baffled by anyone on here who doubts Drakes talent. When given the opportunity he has delivered period. I’m not sure how much football someone needs to watch to know when you have 4,6 or 8 touches in a game you’re not doing to be effective. Drake is a hard runner gets more YAC than 95% of RB in the league, is a huge mismatch when flexed and has big time game changing skills. Maybe go back and watch this kid run, he’s one of the best in the league when he’s given a respectable amount of touches.
He's not even in the top 20 YAC.

Considering what your opinion seems to be on Drake, I don't think this was as damning as you meant for it to be....considering that he was sharing time with the guy who has the fourth-most rushing yards in the history of the sport.
True, but Drake was still expected to be the main guy during the offseason and he couldn't beat a player in the dusk of his career. The thing with Drake that divides opinions this way is that he has spectacular talent. By all rights he should be one of the best 3rd down backs in the league, if nothing else. And yet, it hasn't jelled for him. One can always hope, but RBs develop very quickly and age very quickly (Gore excepted).

Drake has some talent, no doubt. But we've seen talented backs come in and never really claim the throne, and in the end have some real cool highlights but are out of the league by year 5.

I hope to see him seize the starting role this year.

I believe that Drake has excellent hands and route running ability, do we think Gase used a back properly that has superior hands and route running ability?

he is a plus in the passing game, and that is what we need passing.

All due respect...MJD is a tool.
Maurice Jones-Drew was an All-Pro Running Back sir. I don't like what he said. But he knows a little bit about the position. So he qualifies to have an opinion about it.

Maurice Jones-Drew was an All-Pro Running Back sir. I don't like what he said. But he knows a little bit about the position. So he qualifies to have an opinion about it.

I loved him as a player, but as an analyst he is so biased against the dolphins it isnt funny.

I dont think he has said a single good thing about them since he got the TV gig.

good in 2017 because he was willing to run inside when the play called for it and take what the blocking gave him.

Poor in 2018 cause he just wasn’t willing and promptly replaced as a result on 1st and 2nd down for a guy who was. Did a really poor job of maintaining the sticks which is how you see your role reduced

What are rankings but opinion?

The truth is the Adam Gase era was not a good one... the schemes on both offense and defense were strange and ineffective and so it’s hard to fully evaluate Drake, Tankersley and several other players!

Drake is the most over rated dolphin on the team by a long shot. Electric with the ball, but awful between the ears. Not sure there is a back in the league that is worse at blocking and picking up the blitz. And that’s kind of a big deal when you play for the phins and have an annual Swiss cheese Oline. Not a better #2/change of pace back in the league, but not in top 32 of starters either in my opinion. You cannot be a 3 down back if you can’t block. Period.

good in 2017 because he was willing to run inside when the play called for it and take what the blocking gave him.

Poor in 2018 cause he just wasn’t willing and promptly replaced as a result on 1st and 2nd down for a guy who was. Did a really poor job of maintaining the sticks which is how you see your role reduced

True... but I see this bleeding down from a lack of commitment from the top...Gase did a poor job of leading this team and ultimately lost it!

Back
Top Bottom