May catch some flack for this.... | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

May catch some flack for this....

What about... instead of #3..

trade down get an extra 2/3 round pick.

select Pitts, get an elite TE.

Harris at 18

LB of choice at next pick

use gained pick from trading down on a WR, I haven’t seen a lot of love for, but watched him closely... Amon-Ra St Brown. I truly believe he will be an elite WR in the NFL. Goes after the ball, genetics are good (father a body builder) to add weight if needed. You won’t have the chemistry with Waddle/Smith after their comments. Why waste the pick?

not to mention I’ve seen lots of talk about adding at the wr through FA.

Thoughts?
Not sure why you would get flack for that, that would be a nice scenario

Not sure why you would get flack for that, that would be a nice scenario
Trading down and getting a second or third round pick? Then you're taking Pitts at what? 4? 5, maybe? Harris at 18? Pass. LB of choice at 36? That means no other LB is chosen before then? No. That's like a diagnosis by exclusion. I think that's choosing the best of what's left; that means the best after the top three.

Sun God Saint Brown - Yeah, I've been on his bandwagon since USC started playing games.

Other than that, flack is not the same thing as flak.

So my thing with Pitts if we draft him I think we have to try and trade Gesicki. Their skill sets are similar and even though I think they could definitely fit together, Gesicki is going into a contract year. So I’m not investing a top 10 pick in a TE and then the next year handing out a big contract to one, that’s way too big of an investment in that position group. So to re-coup assets I would want to trade Gesicki instead of losing him for nothing (or maybe comp pick)

If you trade down from 3 to 8 you are getting their first this yr, 1st next yr as well as a 2nd or third this yr.
You might be able to score an additional first on top of the trade down but I’m not sure about the 2nd or 3rd. Maybe if they are desperate for a QB and we have competing offers. That would be ideal though

So my thing with Pitts if we draft him I think we have to try and trade Gesicki. Their skill sets are similar and even though I think they could definitely fit together, Gesicki is going into a contract year. So I’m not investing a top 10 pick in a TE and then the next year handing out a big contract to one, that’s way too big of an investment in that position group. So to re-coup assets I would want to trade Gesicki instead of losing him for nothing (or maybe comp pick)
We'd only hand out a big contract if he were to explode this season, yes? If that's the case, then why not hand out a big contract?

Ultimately, I think Miami will trade down.

I love Pitts. Harris at #18 is a little rich for me. But I've seen him mocked in that range.

We'd only hand out a big contract if he were to explode this season, yes? If that's the case, then why not hand out a big contract?
I mean Gesicki has been a top 10 TE in terms of receiving, teams have seen his brilliant highlights. Unless he has an awful year I’d expect him to get top 10 TE money easily

Trading down and getting a second or third round pick? Then you're taking Pitts at what? 4? 5, maybe? Harris at 18? Pass. LB of choice at 36? That means no other LB is chosen before then? No. That's like a diagnosis by exclusion. I think that's choosing the best of what's left; that means the best after the top three.

Sun God Saint Brown - Yeah, I've been on his bandwagon since USC started playing games.

Other than that, flack is not the same thing as flak.
Not sure about a linebacker at pick 36 but picking up at least and extra 2 this year and getting Pitts somewhere in a trade back in the top 10
Would be a nice move. I think Pitts would be a great selection.

Why? Two tight ends with great receiving skills would be unstoppable.
Remember Gronk and Hernandez before all of the murder?

This is such a great debate.
I think Pitts is going to be an absolute monster.
I think if they go in on Pitts, the Gesicki question becomes moot. Gesicki is good, but he is not at this point elite. They may let him walk if a potential elite replacement is in house.
As far as WR goes, I think the "Tua Offense" will be constructed with speedy guys who separate. You're looking at guys like Toney, Eskridge, Shi Smith. Waddle too depending on where we would trade down to.
You could go Pitts 1A, LB Collins at 18, and as was mentioned Javonte Williams is my choice of RB in round 2. I am pouncing on him at 36. I might even look at Kylin Hill Mississippi St later on in addition to Williams.
You could snag multiple WR's after that, with some speedy edge guys all available in rounds 3 and 4.
I'm no draft expert, and everyone has a different view, especially when we still need so many positions.
I would also look at Jonathan Adams WR Ark St at 208 in round 6. Red shirt him a year and see if he can replace Williams or Parker in 2022.
So something like 1A Pitts, 1B Z Collins 2A Williams RB 2B Wr(Would love Eskridge here) 3 edge 4 K Hill 6 Adams.
Plus whatever else procured in trade downs.

I think Harris will be good, but he’s no Derrick Henry... I would rather get our rb on day 2. I’d still go for a wr with pick 18 (or trade up from there)

round 2 - javonte Williams, check him out. He may change your mind

It seems to me that Derrick Henry was no "Derrick Henry" until Tannehill started as QB.

The team was the same team and their coach was the same coach, only the QB was changed; and then Henry really blossomed.

Was there some other reason Henry began to accel at that time?

I saw in a recent interview where both he and his brother took the SAT's in 3 languages, English, French, and German.

Hopefully his bothers performance in GB pushes him down the board in the 2nd. I think Amon however will be better than his brother. He runs way better routes.

This is such a great debate.
I think Pitts is going to be an absolute monster.
I think if they go in on Pitts, the Gesicki question becomes moot. Gesicki is good, but he is not at this point elite. They may let him walk if a potential elite replacement is in house.
As far as WR goes, I think the "Tua Offense" will be constructed with speedy guys who separate. You're looking at guys like Toney, Eskridge, Shi Smith. Waddle too depending on where we would trade down to.
You could go Pitts 1A, LB Collins at 18, and as was mentioned Javonte Williams is my choice of RB in round 2. I am pouncing on him at 36. I might even look at Kylin Hill Mississippi St later on in addition to Williams.
You could snag multiple WR's after that, with some speedy edge guys all available in rounds 3 and 4.
I'm no draft expert, and everyone has a different view, especially when we still need so many positions.
I would also look at Jonathan Adams WR Ark St at 208 in round 6. Red shirt him a year and see if he can replace Williams or Parker in 2022.
So something like 1A Pitts, 1B Z Collins 2A Williams RB 2B Wr(Would love Eskridge here) 3 edge 4 K Hill 6 Adams.
Plus whatever else procured in trade downs.
I agree. It's great just to discuss it.
As for Pitts, I like him and have advocated taking him at #3 (if we have a plan and like a guy, then we get him). My thought process was to pair him with Gesicki. However, I like Smith also. Let's say that both Pitts and Smith become pro-bowl players. My question is, who will help Tua and our team more?

Back
Top Bottom