May catch some flack for this.... | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

May catch some flack for this....

Fins could drop to 7 and get a stud, those Wr will be there but I would love Pitts at 7, and get the receiver at 18, but If I was drafting for them I would chose a Stud wr at 3., Tua's arm doesn't seem strong, so I would get Jaylen Waddle so they affect the middle of the field, or Pitts.

Fins could drop to 7 and get a stud, those Wr will be there but I would love Pitts at 7, and get the receiver at 18, but If I was drafting for them I would chose a Stud wr at 3., Tua's arm doesn't seem strong, so I would get Jaylen Waddle so they affect the middle of the field, or Pitts.
:rolleyes:

Neither is Brady's (7 SB)

What about... instead of #3..

trade down get an extra 2/3 round pick.

select Pitts, get an elite TE.

Harris at 18

LB of choice at next pick

use gained pick from trading down on a WR, I haven’t seen a lot of love for, but watched him closely... Amon-Ra St Brown. I truly believe he will be an elite WR in the NFL. Goes after the ball, genetics are good (father a body builder) to add weight if needed. You won’t have the chemistry with Waddle/Smith after their comments. Why waste the pick?

not to mention I’ve seen lots of talk about adding at the wr through FA.

Thoughts?
A trade down from #3 better net them a whole lot more than an extra 2 or 3 my friend. But otherwise yes, you can expect them to do something like that to acquire more draft ammo. Pitts is certainly gaining a lot of momentum recently. Free agency will say a lot about whether Harris is in play at 18.

I have not seen the WR you speak of so I cannot comment.

Much more reasonable than a lot of other stuff I’ve seen here. I’m a huge Harris mark (was a Jonathan Taylor mark last year) and I wouldn’t mind at all if he’s taken at 18.

Keep in mind Travis Kelce, a generational TE and perhaps the greatest TE of all time, was taken in the 3rd round. We will not be taking Pitts at #3, not because he isn’t a good player, but because he’s not a position of need. He’s a luxury pick. We already have a top ten TE. If we trade down even a few spots I still don’t see us taking a TE that early. We desperately need WRs, LB, DE, S, OC and a RB before we go TE. Some of these spots will be filled thru FA, most likely OC and DE/LB, and that will show us what direction the draft will look like. JMHO

Pitts to me is one to trade up for after picking at 3 or if we have traded down to no later than 8 and took JC, DS or JW

We could trade down to 8 and miss on Chase, Waddle and Smith which then brings Pitts into play for me.

Would love to get Sewell Waddle, Sewell Pitts or Sewell Parsons.

Basically I want Sewell at 3 lol but I respect a trade down.

Love how player "A" can not be selected in a certain round because this pro-bowler was selected in a later round argument! I would actually understand it if we were talking about a Kicker, Punter, Long Snapper or a place holder. With this theory no QB should ever be selected before the 5th round I guess.
There are 10'000 ways we can go in this draft and it will improve this team a lot, I love the direction this team is heading and can't wait for FA to start. Go Phins!!!!

Keep in mind Travis Kelce, a generational TE and perhaps the greatest TE of all time, was taken in the 3rd round. We will not be taking Pitts at #3, not because he isn’t a good player, but because he’s not a position of need. He’s a luxury pick. We already have a top ten TE. If we trade down even a few spots I still don’t see us taking a TE that early. We desperately need WRs, LB, DE, S, OC and a RB before we go TE. Some of these spots will be filled thru FA, most likely OC and DE/LB, and that will show us what direction the draft will look like. JMHO

not taking Pitts at #3 because of positional value i agree with. not taking Pitts because we have Gesicki i don't.

Not sure about a linebacker at pick 36 but picking up at least and extra 2 this year and getting Pitts somewhere in a trade back in the top 10
Would be a nice move. I think Pitts would be a great selection.
He's really growing on me. I've been going back and watching a few games and highlights and he's legit...

I’ve yet to see a first round tight end live up to the hype.

I agree. It's great just to discuss it.
As for Pitts, I like him and have advocated taking him at #3 (if we have a plan and like a guy, then we get him). My thought process was to pair him with Gesicki. However, I like Smith also. Let's say that both Pitts and Smith become pro-bowl players. My question is, who will help Tua and our team more?
Pitts is a matchup nightmare, I think he opens up the O and changes the way opposing D's have to plan for him. He will draw attention away from most WR's and will have to be accounted for on the field. I think he'd be the bigger impact.

Why? Two tight ends with great receiving skills would be unstoppable.
Remember Gronk and Hernandez before all of the murder?
It’s fine if you have 2 tight ends as long as one is an inline TE who can block in the run game, and one that’s basically a big slot/seam buster. Pitts and Gesicki are both slot receivers

Back
Top Bottom