May the L’aird be with us... | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

May the L’aird be with us...

His numbers weren’t the most impressive. But three times he came up big when it counted. That first down he made that guy miss, his TD, and the 2 points. Actually a fourth, when he laid out a rusher protecting fitz to convert that pass to hurns that moved the chains.

there.jpg

There is another...Gaskins

His numbers weren’t the most impressive. But three times he came up big when it counted. That first down he made that guy miss, his TD, and the 2 points. Actually a fourth, when he laid out a rusher protecting fitz to convert that pass to hurns that moved the chains.

What surprised me was Flo using him as the closer in the final possession

I suspect that Flores wants a large one-cut power back for his 1st and 2nd down duties. Ballage fits the style, but lacks the ability.

Laird is our new third down/utility guy, while I think Gaskin is probably limited to a receiving back and return role.

Add in our real life fullback and we really only need a starting back to replace Ballage.

Time to get the dragon out the Laird. :shame:

I suspect that Flores wants a large one-cut power back for his 1st and 2nd down duties. Ballage fits the style, but lacks the ability.

Laird is our new third down/utility guy, while I think Gaskin is probably limited to a receiving back and return role.

Add in our real life fullback and we really only need a starting back to replace Ballage.

Flores might want that, but Walton was starting for a bit and in a backfield with mostly small backs he was by far the smallest. I understand why Flores wanted to start Ballage this year and understood why with Walton and Drake out of the way he got another shot, but I don't understand why Ballage would get any more shots. And I was really hopeful for the guy coming into this year based on his size/speed combo.

Back
Top Bottom