May the L’aird be with us... | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

May the L’aird be with us...

Flores might want that, but Walton was starting for a bit and in a backfield with mostly small backs he was by far the smallest. I understand why Flores wanted to start Ballage this year and understood why with Walton and Drake out of the way he got another shot, but I don't understand why Ballage would get any more shots. And I was really hopeful for the guy coming into this year based on his size/speed combo.

One thing is for sure, we definitely need a new starting running back.

Good thing they are largely disposable.

That catch he made for the 2 point conversion was fantastic, it was a very high velocity pass that he had to reach out for and catch with his hands only, no body at all.

That play made me appreciate him a lot more as an athlete

We've been asking to see more of Laird for weeks now. It's hard to run behind our line right now but he finds what's there and he has good hands out of the backfield. He's not a #1 but he can be a very good #2

At this point my two favorite RB's in the draft are Swift from Georgia and Harris from Alabama
Would be happy with either one.

I'm not proud to say when I heard Ballage was injured I shouted for joy. I immediately felt bad about it. Still, one man's disgrace is another man's opportunity and the results were pretty clear. We even scored a rushing TD and there were runs for positive yardage. It doesn't matter how many. More than zero is an improvement.

Back
Top Bottom