Maybe its not all coaching | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Maybe its not all coaching

FinfanInBuffalo

Perennial All-Pro
Club Member
Reaction score
Maybe the Fins just aren't as talented as we'd all like to believe. Maybe 10-6 is exactly where we should finish and thats just not good enough this year.

I've read many posts claiming that the Fins underperformed this year and that Wanny should be fired as a result. I just don't buy it.

We lost 5 games against other teams that are just plain better than we are. If you skip the Houston loss (boy did that one bite us though), only the Tennesee game was a big shocker (the magnitude, not the outcome).

If Miami wins this week they will finish Dec with a 3-2 record with two close losses to NE and Philly (who just might be the best teams in each conference). The record will be 5-3 in both the 1st and 2nd halves of the season.

It seems like every year questions about this team gets answered, but new ones pop up. Last year we found a running game, started strong, and played well at home, but still didn't make it. This year, we didn't fade late in the season and played better on the road, but started slower and lost more at home.

Maybe, just maybe, these are symptoms of being a good but not great team. Maybe the lack of truely terrible seasons has left Miami stuck in this rut.

One more thing... If I read one more article by some supposed expert singling out Miami for late season woes, I'll find that person and strangle them. I heard a stat last week that Denver was 3-15 on the road in Dec under Shanahan. They have also missed the playoffs for the last several years. Yet, you never see them mentioned with Miami when the topic on Dec records is brought up. Never.

They have quite a few scrubs on O, but they are atleast one of the top 5 in talent.

Originally posted by Jaj
They have quite a few scrubs on O, but they are atleast one of the top 5 in talent.

How can you have quite a few scrubs and still be top 5 in talent?

Well if coaching does not use its authority and chewout some of our players for underachieving then the blame is theirs...

If underachievers continue to underachieve after their last performance report, the next step will be to put them on the bench and see what gives.

Put them back on the field and if the trend continues bench them for the rest of the season and fire them at the end or before.

Thats what managers and supervisors due in regular, normal, everyday life. Coaches should do the same...

GOOO FIIINZ

:cooldude:

Back
Top Bottom