Maybe Moore and then a QB like this for next season. | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Maybe Moore and then a QB like this for next season.

I really think Matt Moore is going to get the nod next year.. Unless he plays like *** the next two games I see him as the starter..

Bring in a vet to compete with him and see what happens..

Some good backups are going to be free agents next year..

Flynn, Hoyer and Orton if I am not mistaken. I think Miami ends up going after one of them if Dabbol comes back to Miami.

Didn't say Drew Brees has one..This guy has a Drew Brees build along with a quick release..

In regard to posts meaning we should not scramble and trade the farm and try to get Luck.With Barkley now gone we have to look at other rookies and draft around Moore..This guy Keenum could be a later round gem..Don't know,time will tell.

With Barkley not in the mix any longer and our penchant for playing lights-out once our season is toast, it certainly looks like we won't be getting any value in the first round at QB unless RGIII drops about 5 spots by some miracle. With that being said, I definitely think we need to draft Keenum and/or Weeden to play behind Moore. I have no desire to sign any of the free-agent QBs and would just as soon keep Losman as an emergency QB. I hate to say it but I am thinking RT or pass-rushing OLB in the first round and QB in the second...again.

In regard to posts meaning we should not scramble and trade the farm and try to get Luck.With Barkley now gone we have to look at other rookies and draft around Moore..This guy Keenum could be a later round gem..Don't know,time will tell.

Stats are really over rated in College football..Not many teams play D and the system is stat/qb friendly

I really like this kid minus the size. He is a bit on the shorter side. His release is pretty quick, good observation there and a 68%career completion percentage is pretty good too. If we are going to get a QB on the shorter side Id much rather have RG3, but this guy would be a nice developmental project. He is projected as a 6 or 7 round pick.

He looks to be a NFL project to be a back up QB. Lack of NFL size aside, one thing I noticed was that he doesn't throw a tight spiral on his passes. Not good when playing in windy/stormy conditions. Since these were his highlights, that is how I am basing my judgement. Most of his receivers were wide open. I want to see how his ball placement is when the receiver is in tight coverage, and his accuracy when he has to throw 35 yards to a body part. Hitting the receiver with a perfect pass without breaking stride. He might be a great college QB, but the NFL is all about passing. He seems to have the same skill set as Matt Moore.
Being picky, I want an upgrade at the position.
If we miss out on Luck and RGIII, the only other QB whose game translates to the NFL is Landry Jones. The guy doesn't get much respect, but he has the arm, experience, and size to develop in the NFL. He has played poorly in big games, he needs to sit behind Moore for a couple of seasons.

With Barkley not in the mix any longer and our penchant for playing lights-out once our season is toast, it certainly looks like we won't be getting any value in the first round at QB unless RGIII drops about 5 spots by some miracle. With that being said, I definitely think we need to draft Keenum and/or Weeden to play behind Moore. I have no desire to sign any of the free-agent QBs and would just as soon keep Losman as an emergency QB. I hate to say it but I am thinking RT or pass-rushing OLB in the first round and QB in the second...again.

as much as we may "hate to say it" you are right man. those are our needs. so we have to fill them.

i wouldnt describe drew brees as a qb who has a quick release. when people say quick release i think dan marino, aaron rodgers,

He didn't say Brees had a quick release. He said he is like a Drew Brees WITH a quick release. Maybe he should have said Like Drew Brees but this guy has a quick release.

If we were to draft weeded, why would he sit behind Moore. You want him to be 30 before he gets his first start? :bobdole:

This only makes me think its early and guy do move up boards with strong senior bowl and bowl games. Back to the must draft a 1st rounder QB debate again?

Back
Top Bottom