Maybe Norv is just preparing for Dec | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Maybe Norv is just preparing for Dec

Why are we so predictable

• Norv has no faith in his Offense to open the play book

Votes: 7 33.3%
  • Norv is setting up for Dec to unleash it.

Votes: 2 9.5%
  • Norv has just lost his creativeness.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I don't know but please fix it soon.

Votes: 12 57.1%

• Total voters

gottahavefootba

The Predator
Reaction score
Now I am just trying to be a little optimistic here so don't jump on me.
It is obvious that Norv is calling a very predictable game right now. And we all know that this does not go along with Norv's reputation. As I see it is could be the lack of talent to execute what he wants, ie (fiedler, o-line, whatever)
OR
it could be that given the history of this franchise to flop in Dec, maybe Norv is trying to play some mind tricks on the league, or more so just the afc east. seeing how we have 3 of our 4 games in dec against our div opponents. Maybe he is just trying to lure them into we are so predictable blah blah blah, then in dec he is gonna open the playbook and shock the hell out of them when we need it.
He would have to do this assuming we play well enough in sept, oct, nov that we don't need to be fancy, just go out and win.. which has worked for the most part.
Now I may be reaching.. but I am trying to find some hope here.
It could be just the first part that he is handcuffed and has no faith in his O.

I think you need to win in Sept, and Oct before we can even get to November/December to open the playbook. However to further bolster your opinion, maybe the guys have seen the brutal schedule that the NFL has once again dropped in our lap for the end of the season. Knowing this, they MIGHT be screwing with the league a bit.

I don't know, the offense was scoring serious points, and RW was running wild behind the SAME line (minus Dixon) and the SAME QB.

It's very odd.

maybe...just maybe...Norv is all done.

My guess is that he's trying to put in place the same offense he had in Dallas. But we just don't have the personnel. When Norv was in Dallas...what really set everything up was playaction passing. He would run E. Smith up the middle, left, right...where ever and this set-up big plays down field. The Fins don't have that dominating of an o-line like the Cowboy's have...that's the main problem. His system is not working here...sorry to say...but that's how it seems to me.

i don't know. that said, the season is far from over. maybe nails works his way into playing shape, maybe dixon takes over, i dunno. i have faith that the offense will be playing better down the stretch.

he did such a great job last year though. even if he ueses last seasons playbook (which i'm sure is this seasons with some added things) then we'd be fine.

i believe he is waiting for the tough part of the schedule to come up before he opens the playbook up. but i don't know why! so i slected i don't know in the pole.

I really think the line, though it may seem the same is very different.
Nails and Ruddy are coming off injuries and not playing as well. Wade Smith is no Mark Dixon. Last year this time we were talking about Nails being maybe our best lineman on runs.. now we are looking to replace him.
No, I don't feel it is the same line.

Why can't Norv just open up the playbook now? There's millions of plays, does he really think a few are going to make a diff in December? IF that's the case then COME UP WITH SOME NEW PLAYS.

Back
Top Bottom