Maybe not Brady | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Maybe not Brady

Personally I think there are two, maybe three franchise QB's in this draft:

Jamarcus Russell, LSU - I feel that he has all of the physical tools, but we will see if he can bring the mental and hard working aspect to the table.

Brady Quinn, Notre Dame - Played well in some big games, but the ND-LSU game he looked very much lost at times. I feel that if groomed properl, he could be a solid NFL QB.

Drew Stanton, Michigan State - I see Stanton as a hit or miss. With his tremendous athletic ability and arm, he has the tools, however if those translate to NFL success for him is clearly yet to be determined. He seems to hang his recievers out to dry a bit from what I could see in the video, which is something NFL receivers HATE

this brady quinn is holier than thou stuff is what really gets me.

in one sentence we have a guy saying quinn almost wins games by himself.

than we got the good ol... ya but quinn's defense lost that game for him.

the same could be said for stanton, they had the game won, but MSU's defense lost it for them. it's just another excuse.

look how peyton turned out.. He turned out great. He beat teams in college I am sure.

quinn doesn't beat anybody. tell me who he beat the last two years.
list them off and see if we blow anybodys skirt up.

he is going to be a good qb probably. not nearly as good as some of his die hard suppporters claim.

this brady quinn is holier than thou stuff is what really gets me.

in one sentence we have a guy saying quinn almost wins games by himself.

than we got the good ol... ya but quinn's defense lost that game for him.

the same could be said for stanton, they had the game won, but MSU's defense lost it for them. it's just another excuse.

look how peyton turned out.. He turned out great. He beat teams in college I am sure.

quinn doesn't beat anybody. tell me who he beat the last two years.
list them off and see if we blow anybodys skirt up.

he is going to be a good qb probably. not nearly as good as some of his die hard suppporters claim.

He beat both Pittsburgh and Michigan on the road when they were ranked in the Top 25.

I don't have favourites, would love it IF quinn fell to #9 but that's not happening. Love it if we got Stanton at #40 but THAT's not happening either. Neither one is worth trading UP for, we need too much help. I would seriously consider trading down for Stanton though, we get more picks and Stanton sure looks like he's got the tools. Cam will turn whoever we draft at QB into a winner IMO. Just don't give up any draft picks to trade up for Quinn.

Peyton did beat some good SEC teams. However, Florida was to Peyton Manning as USC was to Brady Quinn.

My point is not that Quinn couldnt beat USC..my point is Quinn cant beat a top 25 team.

I too am part of the Just Say No to Quinn bandwagon. I think that Drew Stanton could be the long term answer for the Dolphins. The only question that remains is will he be there when we draft.

Besides Drew Stanton led the biggest comeback in NCAA history. That shows that he doesn't get rattled in the face of adversity and that he is a true leader in the huddle and guys believe in him. All Brady Quinn did was never beat USC or win a bowl game.

you have to remember that it was against a bad 2-5 at the time Northwestern team, which they shouldnt have been down by so much if staton would have played good in the first 3/4 of the game and they also ended up 4-8. and quinn lead his team to a win over michst with 5 TD passes and staton and finished 10-3. and all drew stati did was lead a bad team to a bad record. yes i want that for miami. and by the way Quinn will never face USC in the nfl so that is in the past.

As far as value, give me Stanton for a 2nd rather than Quinn for 2 2nd's and a first, and 25 million signing bonus.

My point is not that Quinn couldnt beat USC..my point is Quinn cant beat a top 25 team.

He beat two top 25 teams on the road his junior year. I think Pittsburgh was ranked 24th or 25 and Michigan was in the Top 5.

He beat two top 25 teams on the road his junior year. I think Pittsburgh was ranked 24th or 25 and Michigan was in the Top 5.

I base it on how they finished...MIchigan ended up eith 8 wins that year...not really a top team.

I base it on how they finished...MIchigan ended up eith 8 wins that year...not really a top team.

You should be basing on it on what the teams were when the played. Who knows, maybe that loss to ND started Michigan on a slide that wouldnt have happened if they had one. Sounds like your digging out excuses to cover some crappy logic there.

Quinn has the best shot to succeed in a big way in the NFL since Peyton Manning. They play very similar games and have similar capabilities. I for one would be ecstatic to have him on our team. Would make me feel like we finally have a real QB for the first time since Dan the Man.

Brady actually played very well in almost all his big games, that LSU one being the big one where he wasnt that great. But compare the overall talent level of that LSU Defense to that of the ND defense and you will see why the score ended that way.

Even Marino/Manning/Brady (tom) have bad games here and there. I bet your gonna start a thread blaming Marino for not singlehandedly winning us any SBs? Thats about what your logic is here really.

If and almost... interesting choice of words.

So few of us have seen BQ play. If only there were a major network that became complete and total Notre Dame homers. :evil:

As for Stanton, I am not impressed. He IMO won't be as good as Smoker who came out a few years ago. Last I checked, Smoker was the #3 QB for St Louis.

I saw Brady Quinn play last year when Notre Dame played Air Force here. He picked apart Air Force's D, and hit Jeff Samardzija with a couple of TD's.
I would still take Kevin Kolb with our overall #60 pick.

Back
Top Bottom