Maybe not Brady | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Maybe not Brady

You should be basing on it on what the teams were when the played. Who knows, maybe that loss to ND started Michigan on a slide that wouldnt have happened if they had one. Sounds like your digging out excuses to cover some crappy logic there.

Quinn has the best shot to succeed in a big way in the NFL since Peyton Manning. They play very similar games and have similar capabilities. I for one would be ecstatic to have him on our team. Would make me feel like we finally have a real QB for the first time since Dan the Man.

Brady actually played very well in almost all his big games, that LSU one being the big one where he wasnt that great. But compare the overall talent level of that LSU Defense to that of the ND defense and you will see why the score ended that way.

Even Marino/Manning/Brady (tom) have bad games here and there. I bet your gonna start a thread blaming Marino for not singlehandedly winning us any SBs? Thats about what your logic is here really.

..Wow, thats a real great excuse?? After a team loses to ND they are so mentally messed up they went from a top team to a average team, very great logic on YOUR part. If you wanna sugercoat Quinn's lack of a quality win in college be my guest.

I mean think about it your hanging your hat on Quinn beating MIchigan last season who had 8 wins on the year, you saw what happened when they played this year 5 INT'S.........

He played poorly vs.Mich,USC,UCLA,and LSU this year...He was crap in the fiesta bowl last year!

Bottom line is Quinn has proven to be very bad when pressured...and what always happens to Dolphins Qb's??? THEY GET PRESSURED!!!!!!!

Like I said before if he falls to 9 great! But to some who believe he's worth trading a bunch of picks for to move up and then pay him a fortune, just no LOGIC to doing that.

ANd please NEVER say Marino and QUinn in the same sentence, I couldnt care less if Notre Dame won those games because there defense was bad, but the fact he played like crap in those games are my point.

I base it on how they finished...MIchigan ended up eith 8 wins that year...not really a top team.

How they finished?? What does how they finished have to do with where they were ranked when Notre Dame played them? They could have suffered some injuries to some key player that facilitated their fall from the Top 25.

..Wow, thats a real great excuse?? After a team loses to ND they are so mentally messed up they went from a top team to a average team, very great logic on YOUR part. If you wanna sugercoat Quinn's lack of a quality win in college be my guest.

I mean think about it your hanging your hat on Quinn beating MIchigan last season who had 8 wins on the year, you saw what happened when they played this year 5 INT'S.........

He played poorly vs.Mich,USC,UCLA,and LSU this year...He was crap in the fiesta bowl last year!

Bottom line is Quinn has proven to be very bad when pressured...and what always happens to Dolphins Qb's??? THEY GET PRESSURED!!!!!!!

Like I said before if he falls to 9 great! But to some who believe he's worth trading a bunch of picks for to move up and then pay him a fortune, just no LOGIC to doing that.

ANd please NEVER say Marino and QUinn in the same sentence, I couldnt care less if Notre Dame won those games because there defense was bad, but the fact he played like crap in those games are my point.

Name me two QBs who do look good when pressured?

How they finished?? What does how they finished have to do with where they were ranked when Notre Dame played them? They could have suffered some injuries to some key player that facilitated their fall from the Top 25.

well guess what..they didnt:rolleyes2

Does that mean you cannot name me two QB who does not look bad when pressured?

Carson Palmer
Peyton Manning
Mcnaab
Brady
Favre
etc.

These guys and more have and do deal with pressure and still perform, now sure they had some bad games but not every single time they were underfire..Brady has showed no ability to overcome a decent pass rush.

Carson Palmer
Peyton Manning
Mcnaab
Brady
Favre
etc.

These guys and more have and do deal with pressure and still perform, now sure they had some bad games but not every single time they were underfire..Brady has showed no ability to overcome a decent pass rush.
Brady played pretty well against USC his junior year and they put good pressure on him. Brady also overcame UCLA's pass rush to lead that comeback victory against them. So Brady has shown some ability to overcome a decent pass rush.

Sure they've had bad games, when they were pressured. Peyton Manning many times against NE in the playoffs and in 2005 against Pittsburgh.

Tom Brady against the Dolphins this year.

How many times have you seen Brett Favre just throw the ball up for grabs instead of holding on to it or throwing it away?

All QBs, even the great ones, struggle against pressure.

Got a couple interesting facts for you doubters...

1) In the nine games ND played in Quinn's Junior and Senior games that were against teams whose defense was ranked in the top 35 - Michigan, LSU, Penn State, USC, Georgia Tech, UCLA, Tennessee, Pitt and Ohio State - he was 203/352 for 58%, 2301 yards, 18 TDs and 6 picks. This equates to an NFL (not NCAA) QB rating of 88, in his biggest games.

2) In Quinn's career vs USC, ND's biggest rival, he threw 6tds and one int

Most QB's play like crap against us. See John David Booty for one. He really took it up the booty in that game. :lol:

But Quinn somehow managed to win against us. Ugly win for them but a win nonetheless, unfortunately. He can be forgiven if he wears aqua and white this upcoming season.

I saw Brady Quinn play last year when Notre Dame played Air Force here. He picked apart Air Force's D, and hit Jeff Samardzija with a couple of TD's.
I would still take Kevin Kolb with our overall #60 pick.

I hope you realized what you just said "He picked apart Air Force's D" :sidelol:
Air Force hasn't had a quality team in about 30 years, much less a D. Almost any team in college football besides the bottom 20 teams could pick apart Air Force's D. That's like saying Quinn had a breakout game verses Army...it's laughable.

A loss can often get a team into a funk, happens all the time. Especially when you lose a tough game that you thought maybe you should have won. Fact is, you base your thinking on how the teams were ranked when they played, or dont even bother.
Quinn has had some good games, and some bad-it happens. Especially when your defense and offensive support is as crappy as it is. The overall talen disparity in college is so great that you have to occassionally look beyond the win/loss column. Its important, but if you base your draft off it your in trouble.
I would trade up for him easily if we could get a good deal, but I certainly wouldnt pull a NO Saints and give up my draft. And if he falls to 9 its a no-brainer. The guy has a desire to succeed in the NFL and the talent to back it up.
And as for Marino, you think he never played like crap in a big game? Remember that travesty against Jacksonville? Thats about what that ND/LSU game was. Everyone has bad games, you need to look beyond them and look at the ENTIRE career.

I hope you realized what you just said "He picked apart Air Force's D" :sidelol:
Air Force hasn't had a quality team in about 30 years, much less a D. Almost any team in college football besides the bottom 20 teams could pick apart Air Force's D. That's like saying Quinn had a breakout game verses Army...it's laughable.

30 years?? Either you don't know anything about the AFA football or you just like eating blackbird pie?

Back
Top Bottom