Maybe not Brady | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Maybe not Brady

I too am part of the Just Say No to Quinn bandwagon. I think that Drew Stanton could be the long term answer for the Dolphins. The only question that remains is will he be there when we draft.

Besides Drew Stanton led the biggest comeback in NCAA history. That shows that he doesn't get rattled in the face of adversity and that he is a true leader in the huddle and guys believe in him. All Brady Quinn did was never beat USC or win a bowl game.

i never wanted brady quinn anyway, but id never seen Drew play before but know i think he would be a great pick in the 2nd

The reason Quinn never won a bowl game and USC is because the ND defense plain out sucked. Did you see him play against USC 2 years ago. He almost single handely won that. If the defense wasn't playing like swiss cheese they would of won that game. Stanton is nothing special. Did you see him play against ND this year. Now that was a choke job.

As a State fan, I have to say he was very exciting to watch. I like his gunslinger attitude, and I really think that the coaches were way too worried about him getting injured the last couple years and really limited what he did on the field, especially scrambling-wise. This still doesn't make him the better prospect than Quinn, though. I'd still be more than willing to nab him in the second or even move up to the late first to get him if Quinn doesn't fall to us.

The reason Quinn never won a bowl game and USC is because the ND defense plain out sucked. Did you see him play against USC 2 years ago. He almost single handely won that. If the defense wasn't playing like swiss cheese they would of won that game. Stanton is nothing special. Did you see him play against ND this year. Now that was a choke job.

Yes and if a) the refs didn't put more time on the clock after the game was over and b)Reggie Bush didn't push Matt Leinart into the endzone ND would have won that game. Trust me, for some reason here in Alabama we get all the ND games so I've seen a few. And I still don't want Brady Quinn as our QB. I watched him against LSU in the Sugar Bowl and he looked lost. You can talk about the ND Defense but when matched up against a quick, athletic SEC defense he couldn't do anything.

I totally agree. Notre Dame's offense score 31 in '05 and 24 in '06. It's not Quinn's fault that his defense sucked.

I'm all for getting him instead brady quinn at 9 but he won't be there at 40

I didn't see much of Staton last year but from watching the video it seems like he is what we need. A QB that can scramble and hit receivers that can't get much seperation.

With the way our O-Line is right now and how our receivers can't seem to burn anybody I think Staton looks like a much much better fit in our system than Quinn.

Wow this a joke. Drew Stanton over Brady Quinn because of a highlight reel. Brady Quinn would be a boon for the Dolphins if they could get him (from a huge Daunte fan). Drew Stanton, Trent Edwards, and Kevin Kolb sorry but none of those guys impress me. Yes they had poor teams but so did Jay Cutler and he still put up a double TD to INT ratio. The first two did not and Kolb played against very mediocre competition. If anybody stepped up atleast once against the big boys it is Troy Smith, even though he got shalacked by Florida (when you rise up to the occasion against your rival I consider that a huge sign of ability, ie. Michigan game).

I too am part of the Just Say No to Quinn bandwagon. I think that Drew Stanton could be the long term answer for the Dolphins. The only question that remains is will he be there when we draft.

Besides Drew Stanton led the biggest comeback in NCAA history. That shows that he doesn't get rattled in the face of adversity and that he is a true leader in the huddle and guys believe in him. All Brady Quinn did was never beat USC or win a bowl game.

Are we talking about the same Drew Stanton who threw 2 interceptions in the last 5 minutes against Notre Dame, including one that was returned for a touchdown that eventually won the game for Notre Dame or the Drew Stanton who went 10 of 22 against Indiana the week after the Northwestern game?

Back
Top Bottom