Maybe Now a Rivers Trade Can Happen... | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Maybe Now a Rivers Trade Can Happen...

dolphingator

Practice Squad
Reaction score
SD just signed the incomparable Chris Rix as UDFA. Come on Saban and help the Chargers clear cap and roster space for their newest crown jewel. :roflmao:

Why are you so sure that Rivers will be a franchise QB? You seem willing to give up everything for this guy and I just dont see why.

DonShula84 said:
Why are you so sure that Rivers will be a franchise QB? You seem willing to give up everything for this guy and I just dont see why.

Exactly the way I feel. Rix was to fill in for Flutie at most.

who knows if rivers is good. wait till next year to see if feeley is future or we have to draft QB in first round of next year.

I think most NFL people consider AJ Smith, the chargers GM, a really good GM and a good evaluator of talent. He isn't convinced that Rivers is worth the money, only Schotty loves Rivers. IF AJ Smith isn't convinced, why should we be? Rivers is no better than Aaron Rodgers. We keep Feeley and our good players/draft pix

A.J. Feeley

Besides if feeley turns out to even be average QB and as long as we have a good balance running attack and strong defence, we will do good. and if we save all our draft picks we can trade them for a great QB (Matt Lighnart) and a WR

miami mayham said:
Besides if feeley turns out to even be average QB and as long as we have a good balance running attack and strong defence, we will do good. and if we save all our draft picks we can trade them for a great QB (Matt Lighnart) and a WR

We are going to have to throw the kitchen at some team to get that pick. Every team looks at like the LeBron James of next years draft.

Rivers is better than Rodgers. Rivers would have probaly been the top pick in this draft if he was in it. He certainly wouldnt have gone in the 20's. How do u know what the Chargers GM thinks? He gave the kid a boatload of money and drafted him early I dont understand your point about him not thinking he is worth the money. The plan was to let Brees go as a freeagent/trade him and to start Rivers this year, but with Brees playing like an allpro last year he did the intelligent thing and kept him. Doesnt mean he doesnt want Rivers or that he doesnt think he is a franchise talent. Just means he wasnt willing to take a step back and thrown an unproven talent in there when Brees took the team to the playoffs.
Im not for trading a ton of picks or mortgaging the future for Rivers but if a fair deal could be reached for him id be all for it. He's a legit talent, Feeley is questionable-at best. It would upgrade the talent at the position thats for sure.

Did anybody here see rivers play at NC State/ I did many times as I am an allum. and go back often. He is a very good qb that was surrounded with very poor O-line and suspect recievers. He was awesome with very poor talent around him. He is definatley a guy I think will be the next great QB. He is way above Manning (giants) and would be one hell of a pickup. too bad the chargers HAVE SAID OVER AND OVER THEY ARE NOT TRADING PHILLIP RIVERS BEFORE THE END OF THE UPCOMING SEASON. stop the dream.

Trading Rivers would kill our cap situation for YEARS! He is not going ANYWHERE.

Fin Fan in Cali said:
Nice draft LT. I think the Chargers added some real good players this weekend.

Thanks..you guys did awesome as well! NOW BRING IN AS MANY OFFENSIVE LINEMAN IN CAMP and let Hudson weed them out.

Remember this name: Vincent Jackson. He will be more productive than Braylon Edwards--YOU HEARD IT HERE FIRST!

L.T.21 said:
Thanks..you guys did awesome as well! NOW BRING IN AS MANY OFFENSIVE LINEMAN IN CAMP and let Hudson weed them out.

Remember this name: Vincent Jackson. He will be more productive than Braylon Edwards--YOU HEARD IT HERE FIRST!
Alright! I look forward to meeting you on December 11Th at the old Jack Murphy Stadium!

L.T.21 said:

Well not too sure about that but he will be a steal for you guys. Also Sproles should help you out as a change of pace back and return man.

Noodle Arm said:
Well not too sure about that but he will be a steal for you guys. Also Sproles should help you out as a change of pace back and return man.
I think LT, Chatman, and Sproles, they are looking very good! Lots of different gears there to use.

Back
Top Bottom