Maybe Rick is even smarter than we think... | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Maybe Rick is even smarter than we think...

Originally posted by LIQUID24
Agreed. Hell, some people here (not me) wanted MORE players cut-- like Seau, Madison and Thompson.

I want seau to restructure his contract... hes not worht that money....

Originally posted by dolphan39
Player released
S Brock Marion (Lions)
QB Brian Griese (Bucs)
C Tim Ruddy (released)
G Todd Perry (released)
WR James McKnight (released)
OT Mark Dixon (released)
S Trent Gamble (released)
LS Jeff Grau (released)

of all the players we released only 2 have been signed by anyone else.

Spielman had no choice but to cut most of those players.Rember how bad the salary cap was this year?
Seau should have been cut as well.But its to late because there are no longer any good LB's in FA left.Also Seau is not worth the money he is getting.He is a 2 down player.He's a liability in pass coverage.Seau usually comes out on passing downs.And the Dolphins hardly ever use Seau as a blitzing LB, the thing he is still good at.

Last edited by a moderator:
I trust Rick but I'd have done the same thing when it comes to those players we let go.That was a no brainer on all of them.

Ozzy rules!!

Re: Re: Maybe Rick is even smarter than we think...

Originally posted by PhinPhan1227

Does that say how good Spielman is as a GM, or how bad Wanny is as a GM?

A little from column A, a little from column B. :lol:

Originally posted by Chisel Monkey

WOW, Just reading the name J.B. Brown - I broke out in a Cold sweat.:eek:

Indeed. Now let us never speak of him again.

Seau is overpaid, but he is still a great leader to have on the field and sidelines; and the most solid tackling LB I have seen on the Phins for a long time. If you forget how much he is paid, he is a great player to have. He just gets a little premium for being a future HOFer

Back
Top Bottom