Maybe this is why we didn't draft Foster | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Maybe this is why we didn't draft Foster

NJ Dolphan

Rookie
Reaction score
If true, a good reason to pass on him:

The surgery didn’t take,” said one well-placed source with knowledge of the injury. The lingering shoulder issue could cost Foster his rookie season with the 49ers this fall because his shoulder could “give out on any hit,” according to another Schefter source. This would be a huge blow, but if he can return next year watch out.

http://www.nfldraftdiamonds.com/report-49ers-linebacker-reuben-fosters-shoulder-surgery-didnt-take/

Makes sense for a team like the 49ers that doesn't really hope to compete this year and is probably in tank mode for one of the QBs in next year's draft.

But what about all the finheaven posters/scouts/doctors on here that said we made a mistake?

If true and if it was known, our brass had to be thinking what good is he on the shelf for a team that is ready to compete? And IMHO a year of roaming South Beach wouldn't do him or the team any good either.

You know that source isn't a Dr., I've never once seen them say a surgery wasn't a "complete success" or something to that effect.

I think it was the right move to pass on him considering the health and off-field issues, and our other needs.

The Foster obsession seems like one of those situations where the fanbase locks on to a specific guy going into the draft not knowing the whole picture and get pissed when they don't select him. It happens every year. Foster may put together a good year or two, but I think Harris has a better chance of having sustained success (with no off-field or health issues getting in the way) over the long haul.

If true and if it was known, our brass had to be thinking what good is he on the shelf for a team that is ready to compete? And IMHO a year of roaming South Beach wouldn't do him or the team any good either.

OTOH, with a Wonderlic 9, nearly in Vince Young territory, would Foster even be able to find his way down to SoBe? Or his way back for that matter :idk:

OTOH, with a Wonderlic 9, nearly in Vince Young territory, would Foster even be able to find his way down to SoBe? Or his way back for that matter :idk:
Just what we need, a borderline mentally handicapped linebacker. How is someone that dumb going to make defensive calls? Of course, he may just be bad at taking tests or something but it makes you wonder.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

Even though the source is 'iffy', these are things that make me laugh when people bitch n moan that we didnt draft him. Obviously the people making these decisions have more information than you do, and you're really not qualified to be bitching n moaning about **** that you don't even have all the information on.

I was one of those who wanted Foster on the draft's first night. Reason being I saw him as the best LB, wasn't aware of the depth of his injuries, and did not expect in the least to see McMillan at 54, whom I thought was a close second.

Once we landed RFM (Raekwon ****ing McMillan/Real ****ing Mike) at #54, I was very satisfied with how things turned out that he fell to us.

The way the board fell, there wasn't anything close to resembling the dynamic passing rushing skill set that Harris possesses, while there was still some very good ILB prospects who had good instincts and read/diagnose ability at 54 in McMillan and Cunningham. The Dolphins played their cards right in the draft.

I was one of those who wanted Foster on the draft's first night. Reason being I saw him as the best LB, wasn't aware of the depth of his injuries, and did not expect in the least to see McMillan at 54, whom I thought was a close second.

Once we landed RFM (Raekwon ****ing McMillan/Real ****ing Mike) at #54, I was very satisfied with how things turned out that he fell to us.

Not a lot makes you happy, so if this move does then it must be a pretty solid move.

Yeah, I was worried we'd have to break out the "bag".... lol glad the rest of our draft was awesome for you and us. :)

One day at Miami Gardens, Matt Burke found Coach Gase in the Film Room:
Burke (laughing): We found Foster, Coach.
Gase: Good. He'd better have a great excuse for missing the walk through.
Burke: He does.
Gase: Well, what is it?
Burke: He asked for directions to South Beach and some wise ass told him to head north.

Back
Top Bottom