Mayfield bluff? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Mayfield bluff?

coolhand_05

Active Roster
Reaction score
If the fo really really wants Edmunds... and I hope they do... I would put up a bluff to hopefully get someone to trade up with the raiders to jump ahead of the dolphins. Could they actually be this smart lol? The kid just looks amazing to me as a prospect but I don't think he gets past the raiders unless someone trades up with them for a qb. Also... with Roquan supposedly getting some type of red flag with injury concerns... I am really warming up to the idea of Vander Esch... maybe a trade down scernario since 11 would be a reach... these 2 just look like perfect fits, pro-typical + size.

Last edited:
I really, reallyyyyyy would love to see Tremaine Edmunds in a Dolphins uniform myself. It also happens to be a big position of need.

Beyond his off the chart measurables, the fact his father was also a Dolphin cements the bloodline angle.

Then you add in the fact that he’s only 19 years old, and yeah the sky is the limit.

I really, reallyyyyyy would love to see Tremaine Edmunds in a Dolphins uniform myself. It also happens to be a big position of need.

Beyond his off the chart measurables, the fact his father was also a Dolphin cements the bloodline angle.

Then you add in the fact that he’s only 19 years old, and yeah the sky is the limit.

He's got some incredibly raw traits that need serious development. He has high bust potential.

My preference would be Roquan Smith.

I watched Darnold's USC workout in the rain, and Mayfield's workout.

There is NO comparing those two guys.

RT has a MUCH stronger arm than Mayfield.

He looks like a tremendous gamble to me. His character is the very least of my concerns.

His game and arm talent is what sticks out to me.

He looked great on a great team clobbering crappy college teams.

Most of his highlight throws are to wide open guys.

I don't see any velocity on deep passes.

Darnold looked fantastic.

If the fo really really wants Edmunds... and I hope they do... I would put up a bluff to hopefully get someone to trade up with the raiders to jump ahead of the dolphins. Could they actually be this smart lol? The kid just looks amazing to me as a prospect but I don't think he gets past the raiders unless someone trades up with them for a qb. Also... with Roquan supposedly getting some type of red flag with injury concerns... I am really warming up to the idea of Vander Esch... maybe a trade down scernario since 11 would be a reach... these 2 just look like perfect fits, pro-typical + size.

Yea, the more I watch of him, and read about him, the more I hope he is the players they really want.

He's got some incredibly raw traits that need serious development. He has high bust potential.

My preference would be Roquan Smith.

Not much raw about his game that I’ve seen on tape and watching VT games, but would agree that his instinct, read and react, and that he can sometimes be too aggressive. I think some of that can be attributed to his age factor.

I like Roquan Smith too, but shedding blocks and getting washed out can be problematic. With Suh exiting stage left, that could expose him somewhat (unless Philips, Godchaux, and Taylor crush it). I have them 1 and 1a.

I see nothing bust about Edmunds, at all. He has the size advantage, pedigree, speed, sheds blocks like a champ, and hits like a mack truck. The only thing that I see slowing him down would be a catastrophic injury.

Not much raw about his game that I’ve seen on tape and watching VT games, but would agree that his instinct, read and react, and that he can sometimes be too aggressive. I think some of that can be attributed to his age factor.

I like Roquan Smith too, but shedding blocks and getting washed out can be problematic. With Suh exiting stage left, that could expose him somewhat (unless Philips, Godchaux, and Taylor crush it). I have them 1 and 1a.

I see nothing bust about Edmunds, at all. He has the size advantage, pedigree, speed, sheds blocks like a champ, and hits like a mack truck. The only thing that I see slowing him down would be a catastrophic injury.

He's out of position a lot and will often take pretty poor angles. He has a lot to prove (and improve) IMO.

He's out of position a lot and will often take pretty poor angles. He has a lot to prove (and improve) IMO.

Fair enough.

I’ve seen him take some poor angles, but out of position a lot? The latter isn’t something that really stood out to me. What specific games stood out to you regarding being out of position a lot?

For instance, here’s 8 plus minutes against Clemson, and throughout most of it he’s right where he needs to be:

Fair enough.

I’ve seen him take some poor angles, but out of position a lot? The latter isn’t something that really stood out to me. What specific games stood out to you regarding being out of position a lot?

I don't remember specifically which games they were. I watched 3 games of his. His splash plays were impressive. But on the plays where he was out of position or late to make a read, he left teammates out to dry.

I think he's relied on "see ball chase ball" a little too much, and his athletic ability let him get away with that a bit. I'm at work right now but if I can find the games I'll post them

Cool beans, man. He definitely was utilized a bunch in that ‘seek and destroy’ model.

It’ll be interesting what teams do with him schematically, wherever his landing spot.

Back
Top Bottom