Mayock Discusses DB's | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Mayock Discusses DB's

That is the reason this regime won't be picking Earl Thomas in the first round. Look at this regime's last 2 first round picks. Jake Long and Vontae Davis. Guys who had 3 or 4 good years in college. They will pick someone with a proven history and good measurables with good positional value.

Then I guess we can forget about Dez Bryant as well...

Notice that Mayock - in so many words - says that Thomas is better in coverage, better at making big plays, and has better ball skills than Eric Berry. I had kind of pushed Thomas to the side, because I thought we had a real shot at Rolle.

I also think that Mayock's absolutely right about the future of the FS position. Thomas' size doesn't bother me.

There is nothing wrong with a 194 - 197 pound FS as long as he has the talent Thomas has proven to have. This is a very good option, and I would not be very sad if we went this way.

Yes, sir. This is starting to grow on my common sense more and more. Then, with this Miami talking to Arizona for Boldin and now the Detroit for maybe Cliff Avril, that would take out WR and SOLB. That would leave our #43 pick for the NT, either Cody or Cam Thomas. So what position of need is left that we can fill at #12? FS and ILB. Thomas over McClain, especially with the possiblity and interest rumored around Karlos Dansby via FA. Wow.

Imagine leave the first 2 days of the draft with a turnover of:

FA: Karlos Dansby ILB (replacing Ayodele or Torbor)
#12 pick: Earl Thomas FS (replacing Culver on the roster, but Wilson in starting lineup)
#43 pick: Cam Thomas NT (added as 3rd NT, re-signing Ferguson, keeping Soliai)
#74 pick (traded): AnQuan Boldin (replaces Turner, Bess, or Camarillo starting opposite Ginn Jr)
4th rounder to DET for Cliff Avril SOLB (replacing Joey Porter on roster, but starting ahead of JT at SOLB)

:jcane:

Wow, if that were to happen, I think I would be impossible to be around, I would want the games to start the next day, and I would be going crazy from the moment we picked our last draft pick, to the moment we sent the 1st KO to our opponent (we get the ball to start the 2nd half :lol:).

Back
Top Bottom