Mayok or Grier? | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Mayok or Grier?

This feels like Mark Davis trying to get Harbaugh and going all in. I do think JH had a good relationship with Mayock, so maybe that's not the case but it feels like he's going all in to get a home run hire.

Being a starter doesn’t mean the pick was good though. Look at Jackson for example. He and Eich were two of the worst rated players at their positions this year. Charles Harris started for a couple of years etc etc
Exactly. Some of these guys are forced starters. How many all pros has Grier drafted? How about FA? The offense is terrible outside of a wr we gave up 2 firsts for

Exactly. Some of these guys are forced starters. How many all pros has Grier drafted? How about FA? The offense is terrible outside of a wr we gave up 2 firsts for
Right. Gaskin is cited as a good pick because he starts but let’s be honest. He wouldn’t start on any other team in the league - he actually lost his starting job here by season’s end to Duke who has been a 3rd down back for his career. To me that’s not a pick Grier “hit” on. The 2019 draft was underwhelming, 2020 was a disaster as of now (depends what happens w Tua) as it was a gross mis-management of all of that capital. 2021 was terrific.

I’m curious on thoughts regarding Mayok. Would he be better than Grier As GM for the Phins?

Judge For yourself. Looks to me like we wouldn’t be getting much of an upgrade. Shame what happened with Henry Ruggs.

I'm okay with us sticking with Grier. He is decent. Had some flops but also made some solid picks.

That said, I really like Mayock. And I might be in the minority on that one. But if Mayock came here I'd be eager to see what he could do.

Back
Top Bottom