Mayweather still ducking Pacquiao | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Mayweather still ducking Pacquiao

if mayweather was to fight pac the same way i saw him fight cotto pac will whoop his ass

Here's something to think about though. Mayweather went up in weight to meet Cotto. Miguel went down in weight to fight Manny. I think that Pac would have to move up to fight Floyd. I really don't think that Floyd would get his ass whooped fighting at his preferred weight..... :idk:

My prediction would be a unanimous decision for Mayweather.

Here's something to think about though. Mayweather went up in weight to meet Cotto. Miguel went down in weight to fight Manny. I think that Pac would have to move up to fight Floyd. I really don't think that Floyd would get his ass whooped fighting at his preferred weight..... :idk:

My prediction would be a unanimous decision for Mayweather.

mayweather better have been taking all that leather he took from cotto to entertain the fans...i kinda think that's what it was...but if he lets pac hit him like cotto did it will be good night...pac has a lot more power and is technically a superior fighter to cotto...that better have been some just to entertain the fans stuff...that's all i know...

the fight will probably never happen anyways...especially if people keep chunking out big money to watch them work over some guy completely outclassed every 4 months or so...

i'd like to see my young favorite new fighter to the big stage alvarez take on one of the big boys...his power and straight ahead style is a big time draw...i'd pay to see it

mayweather better have been taking all that leather he took from cotto to entertain the fans...i kinda think that's what it was...but if he lets pac hit him like cotto did it will be good night...pac has a lot more power and is technically a superior fighter to cotto...that better have been some just to entertain the fans stuff...that's all i know...

:D Ok, I'll play!

If Manny takes all that leather that he took from Marquez when fighting Floyd, it will be good night! I hope that he was doing that just to entertain the fans. Mayweather is technically more superior than Marquez and has good power. That's all I know...

the fight will probably never happen anyways...especially if people keep chunking out big money to watch them work over some guy completely outclassed every 4 months or so...

I actually don't think that either of them is going to fight for much longer.

i'd like to see my young favorite new fighter to the big stage alvarez take on one of the big boys...his power and straight ahead style is a big time draw...i'd pay to see it

I like Canelo but I don't think that he's ready yet to fight Floyd or Manny. Oh, he would be competitive but in my opinion, he would fall short. I really wanted to see Alvarez against Kirkland. That fight appears to be off now....

Last edited by a moderator:
i don't agree that mayweather has good power...to me he outpoints guys with hand speed and then when he gets ahead superior defense...if he did have very good power i think a lot of guys that i've seen him land clean crisp shots on would be on the canvass...

i agree alvarez probably isn't ready yet for pac or mayweather and his handlers i think are doing the right thing to date with him and i'd also like to see a alvarez kirkland fight...kirklands a tough son of a gun and i thought the fight i saw of his recently where he got knocked down in round 1 and then came back like wild fire later on can't remember who it was against was a great fight...that said i think alvarez has enough going for him where he'd win that matchup...alvarez though for as much leather as he gives out and his power is rediculous he takes a lot also...

Mayweather is definitely not a knockout artist. That's for sure! But, his power is respectable. If it wasn't guys would just walk through him regardless of his defense which tends to be top shelf.

That Kirkland fight was against "Perro" Angulo (sp?). I thought he was out it early in round 1. He not only came back in the same round to knock down Perro but basically beat him like he stole something the rest of the fight! Check it here....

http://www.badlefthook.com/2011/12/...vs-james-kirkland-full-fight-video-hbo-boxing

Kirkland's conditioning is always great and he is a very active fighter for the most part. The concern that I have with him against Canelo is that James can be a little careless. I don't think that he would get away with that against Canelo but if he controlled the pace of the fight, he has a shot....

Floyd Mayweather KNOWS Boxing.

It ain't no coincidence that he hasn't signed to fight him yet.

Look at all the guys they have fought in common. Manny has annhilated most of their common opponents.

Whatever happened with the slander law suit Manny was bringing up against Floyd jr?

Floyd Mayweather KNOWS Boxing.

It ain't no coincidence that he hasn't signed to fight him yet.

Look at all the guys they have fought in common. Manny has annhilated most of their common opponents.

Whatever happened with the slander law suit Manny was bringing up against Floyd jr?

So, what's your point?

and i thought kevin durant was getting the short end in the nba finals with the officiating...manny pac got straight up hozed by the decision in the timothy bradley fight...i mean hozed...bradley may have won 2 rounds in that fight...all the power shots came from pac and bradley was hurt probably 4 different times...

anyways...mayweather doesn't have anywhere near the same power and thud sound when he connects on a power shot that pac does...it sounded like cement when he kept denting bradleys head with the straight left hand

Hoops,

I agree with a lot of what you say. Pac should have won that fight easily on each of the judges cards. Still, Bradley is not nearly as skilled a fighter as Mayweather and IMO, Floyd may have a little more power also. Supposedly Bradley fractured his left foot and sprained his right ankle during the fight. The injuries were causing him enough problems that there was talk of stopping the fight. Now, I remember seeing him turn his right ankle but I don't have a clue as to how he hurt his foot. Think the fight might have been more competitive if he had not been injured?

Hoops,

I agree with a lot of what you say. Pac should have won that fight easily on each of the judges cards. Still, Bradley is not nearly as skilled a fighter as Mayweather and IMO, Floyd may have a little more power also. Supposedly Bradley fractured his left foot and sprained his right ankle during the fight. The injuries were causing him enough problems that there was talk of stopping the fight. Now, I remember seeing him turn his right ankle but I don't have a clue as to how he hurt his foot. Think the fight might have been more competitive if he had not been injured?

no i don't...pac coasted thru the first half of just about every round...that broken foot stuff sounds like bs i saw him turn his ankle over one time in the 4th i think it was but if he broke his foot no way he moves around the ring like he did the rest of the fight...honestly i think the fight was a sham and a way for these 2 to get back in the rings together on the rematch clause probably in november...

no i don't...pac coasted thru the first half of just about every round...that broken foot stuff sounds like bs i saw him turn his ankle over one time in the 4th i think it was but if he broke his foot no way he moves around the ring like he did the rest of the fight...honestly i think the fight was a sham and a way for these 2 to get back in the rings together on the rematch clause probably in november...

Well, he turned that ankle pretty early into the match. As I stated earlier, I don't have a clue about the broken foot or how legit that is. There was some talk in the corner about stopping the fight due to injuries that Bradley supposedly suffered during the fight. As for fighting with a fracture, I don't know. I guess it would depend on how severe of a fracture it happened to be with regards to how much it limited him. I fractured my foot in a pick up game once and continue to play through it. Never thought for a second that I had fracture. I suffered later that evening though. You would think that as great a fighter that Pac is with ALL of the power he has that he would have found a way to get Bradley out of there, right? :idk:

Well, he turned that ankle pretty early into the match. As I stated earlier, I don't have a clue about the broken foot or how legit that is. There was some talk in the corner about stopping the fight due to injuries that Bradley supposedly suffered during the fight. As for fighting with a fracture, I don't know. I guess it would depend on how severe of a fracture it happened to be with regards to how much it limited him. I fractured my foot in a pick up game once and continue to play through it. Never thought for a second that I had fracture. I suffered later that evening though. You would think that as great a fighter that Pac is with ALL of the power he has that he would have found a way to get Bradley out of there, right? :idk:

bradley kept coming...have to give him that...took some big shots and kept coming...but he never even remotely hurt pac...there's a huge stink in the boxing community about that fight being shady...they've examined the judges cards from round 7 i believe it was where compubox had pac like 3 to 1 on landed punches and power shots and all 3 judges scored it for bradley...i mean i could see that fight being scored 8-4 for pac but anything more than 4 rounds for barkley is hogwash...

mayweather would definitely be a tougher opponent for pac than bradley but i think pac would get up a whole lot more for that one...i doubt he'd be coasting...he'd be pressing mayweather something fierce...mayweather would earn his money that night i know that...and he's take some heavy leather if he was to even outpoint pac

bradley kept coming...have to give him that...took some big shots and kept coming...but he never even remotely hurt pac...there's a huge stink in the boxing community about that fight being shady...they've examined the judges cards from round 7 i believe it was where compubox had pac like 3 to 1 on landed punches and power shots and all 3 judges scored it for bradley...i mean i could see that fight being scored 8-4 for pac but anything more than 4 rounds for barkley is hogwash...

He's certainly got a lot of heart. That's why I suggested that the fight might have been more competitive if he had not been injured. I still don't think he wins but shows up a little more.

mayweather would definitely be a tougher opponent for pac than bradley but i think pac would get up a whole lot more for that one...i doubt he'd be coasting...he'd be pressing mayweather something fierce...mayweather would earn his money that night i know that...and he's take some heavy leather if he was to even outpoint pac

Pac would take some leather as well. No, Floyd is not as heavy handed as Manny but he does have crisp punches that do a lot of cumulative damage. Not to mention his superior defense and counter punching skills. Check Cotto's face after their fight. I really hope the fight happens. Don't really care who wins but if I were pick one right now, I would have to go with Mayweather.

Last edited by a moderator:
also, found this today :

FORBES WORLD'S MOST POWERFUL CELEBRITIES LIST IS OUT: PACQUIAO - #33; MAYWEATHER - #52

The annual list of the influential Forbes Magazine world's most powerful celebrities list for 2012 has just been released with boxing superstar and Philippine congressman Manny Pacquiao landing on number 33. Pacquiao's boxing nemesis Floyd Mayweather, Jr made it to number 52. This year's list is topped by American actress Jennifer Lopez followed by perennial top contender Oprah Winfrey on number 2 and teenage singing sensation Justin Bieber on number 3.

Seventeen athletes made it to this year's list headed by Tiger Woods (#12), Lebron James (#15) and Kobe Bryant (#27).

View the complete list here: http://www.forbes.com/celebrities/

Pacquiao, who last year earned US$67M and who also made it to the list in 2010 (#55) and 2009 (#57), was described by the magazine as "a pay-per-view stud with five fights each generating at least one million PPV buys during the past four years. Pacman has expanded his endorsement reach by signing deals with Monster Energy and Hennessy. Other partners include Nike and Hewlett-Packard. Pacquiao was elected to the House of Representatives in the Philippines in 2010 in a landslide victory."

The magazine considers the ranking of candidates in the following area in determining the celebrity's final standing: earnings, TV/Radio, press, social media and web.

Forbes will do a live webcast featuring the writers who put this year’s list together which could be accessed on the following URL: http://www.forbes.com/sites/dorothy...e-live-unveiling-of-this-years-celebrity-100/

Yo, Manny is STILL making less than Floyd...

Pacquiao, who earned $62 million in fights and endorsements last year, ranked second on the Forbes richest athletes list behind Mayweather and his $85 million in fight earnings.

http://espn.go.com/boxing/story/_/i...ather-jr-released-vegas-jail-serving-2-months

Back
Top Bottom