mc says frerotte throws better ball... | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

mc says frerotte throws better ball...

thecoordinator

☠️ Banned ☠️
Reaction score
at first i thought no way gus starts for us, if not but for the fact that we gave up the 33rd pick in the draft for aj. i guess that's why rick is gone. listen to the post practice interview with randy and he basically says gus throws a better ball than the 3 other qbs we have out there. thanks again rick. briliant move. the fact is, aj sucks.

thecoordinator said:
at first i thought no way gus starts for us, if not but for the fact that we gave up the 33rd pick in the draft for aj. i guess that's why rick is gone. listen to the post practice interview with randy and he basically says gus throws a better ball than the 3 other qbs we have out there. thanks again rick. briliant move. the fact is, aj sucks.
Link pls?

All he said is Gus throws one of the better balls. You AJ haters need to give it a rest.

I wanna see Feeley do the business but if Frerotte beats him to the starting job then he gets my vote. Saban has an open attitude to our starters this yr. Its refreshing to see IMO. I just want the best players on the field come the first game. If we go with Frerotte we will be drafting a QB come the next draft.

He NEVER said Gus throws a better ball than A.J. He said Gus throws a good ball. How does THAT translate into he throws a better ball than Feeley? Oh, it's called A.J. haters REACHING for anything.

Wagon Circler said:
I know! Even I want Feeley to start for Miami.
I bet you do; problem is its because he stinks :cry:

Not exactly surprising. Frerotte definitely throws more variety of passes in terms of pace and loft. A very good pickup especially considering the price. In his 5 seasons with 200+ attempts, Frerotte has never finished worse than 6.7 yards per pass attempt, with 3 of the seasons 7.3 or higher. Lifetime he is 7.1.Plus his lifetime interception percentage is respectable at 3.04%. Compare those numbers to Feeley, who averaged roughly 6.6 yards per attempt in more than 150 passes for Philly a few years ago, and 5.32 in 350+ attempts last season.

Awsi Dooger said:
Not exactly surprising. Frerotte definitely throws more variety of passes in terms of pace and loft. A very good pickup especially considering the price. In his 5 seasons with 200+ attempts, Frerotte has never finished worse than 6.7 yards per pass attempt, with 3 of the seasons 7.3 or higher. Lifetime he is 7.1.Plus his lifetime interception percentage is respectable at 3.04%. Compare those numbers to Feeley, who averaged roughly 6.6 yards per attempt in more than 150 passes for Philly a few years ago, and 5.32 in 350+ attempts last season.
The name Randy Moss springs to mind. hopefully Chambers and Boston will knock his stats up.

Awsi Dooger said:

True but remember the offenses each ran. The philly offense is a west coast offensive scheme with a premium on short routes and quick passes. Last year's Dolphins offense, well the less said the better.

Conversely, the Linehan offense is predicated on deeper routes and therefore should translate to a higher yd per pass atempt. It's been awhile but I believe the Redskin offense Frerotte ran also was a more traditional deeper route offense.

He said, "he throws a better ball....um....you know there's three quaterbacks..." Take it for what its worth, but I think he was just commenting on Gus and not much else.

adamprez2003 said:
True but remember the offenses each ran. The philly offense is a west coast offensive scheme with a premium on short routes and quick passes. Last year's Dolphins offense, well the less said the better.

Conversely, the Linehan offense is predicated on deeper routes and therefore should translate to a higher yd per pass atempt. It's been awhile but I believe the Redskin offense Frerotte ran also was a more traditional deeper route offense.

I generally agree with that, but you've got to understand after a significant sample conclusions can be drawn. Frerotte has played for 5 different teams with over 2100 attempts. Only 65 of those 2100+ attempts came with the Vikings and Randy Moss. So I'm megaconfident in asserting Linehan and Randy Moss are virtually irrelevant in evaluating Frerotte's lifetime numbers. Those were Norv Turner offenses in Washington. Frerotte put up better numbers there than Fiedler did in Turner's offenses in Miami.

FanMarino said:
I wanna see Feeley do the business but if Frerotte beats him to the starting job then he gets my vote. Saban has an open attitude to our starters this yr. Its refreshing to see IMO. I just want the best players on the field come the first game. If we go with Frerotte we will be drafting a QB come the next draft.

Guys how many times do we have to go through this. Saban will want a proven and known commodity if and I say IF AJ drops the ball. We are much closer than many think regardless of how this first year goes. That proven commodity is the highly rated, soon to be UFA, ex-LSU, backup Patriot QB, cannon for an arm, Rohan Davey. Take it to the bank boys! Forget drafting a QB, it ain't gonna happen:shakeno: !!!

Calgaryfin said:
Guys how many times do we have to go through this. Saban will want a proven and known commodity if and I say IF AJ drops the ball. We are much closer than many think regardless of how this first year goes. That proven commodity is the highly rated, soon to be UFA, ex-LSU, backup Patriot QB, cannon for an arm, Rohan Davey. Take it to the bank boys! Forget drafting a QB, it ain't gonna happen:shakeno: !!!
It will happen if Feeley dont deliver. Frerotte isnt young. We will get a youth coming thru the draft. Davey is unknown to me so i reserve judgement. QB will be No.1 on our wish list if Feeley cant hack it. but im rooting for Feeley to show what he can do.

Back
Top Bottom