McCain and Jones to IR | Page 11 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

McCain and Jones to IR

And prime time had 22tds in his career vs 3 for Revis. It’s really not close 53 int vs 25.

And prime time had 22tds in his career vs 3 for Revis. It’s really not close 53 int vs 25.
I think Revis had around 45, going by my bad memory, and many of Deion's TDs came on returns. I believe he had receiving TDs as well.

Actually 29 ints, I thought more. You're right, it's not close.

Well, to be fair Revis was probably the best cover corner in NFL history. Teams literally just gave up throwing to his entire side of the field and it's hard to get picks as a shadow cover corner when nobody throws your way. Minkah's job is literally to free lance. I'll give him credit that he seems to be where the ball is going, but I'm still not bent out of shape with that trade until I know what we got for the pick.
I think Deion Sanders and Mike Haynes would take issue with that assessment...

Deion didn’t tackle. He said himself he made “business decisions”

revis by far more well rounded. Just as good in the run game as he was witb the cover. Lock up half the field

revis by far more well rounded. Just as good in the run game as he was witb the cover. Lock up half the field
Neither were known for their tackling prowess, that's a push

Irrelevant. If you want to say he was "soft", and shied away from contact, I capitulate, but as a cover corner, there was none better.

He had so much make up speed, he just baited QBs to test him.

They lost that endeavor.

Irrelevant. If you want to say he was "soft", and shied away from contact, I capitulate, but as a cover corner, there was none better.

He had so much make up speed, he just baited QBs to test him.

They lost that endeavor.

what do you think well rounded means in terms of corner play?

Yeah, I was just implying cover corner. Tackling has nothing to do with an ability to get interceptions which was what I was alluding to. I didn't really watch a lot of football when Deion played, so I submit to those who did for who was better. Either way, my initial point was that Revis stopped getting interceptions because QBs just gave up throwing to his side of the field.

Yeah, I was just implying cover corner. Tackling has nothing to do with an ability to get interceptions which was what I was alluding to. I didn't really watch a lot of football when Deion played, so I submit to those who did for who was better. Either way, my initial point was that Revis stopped getting interceptions because QBs just gave up throwing to his side of the field.
IDK if you are familiar with the "a football life" series (many episodes available on YouTube), but among others, there is one featuring him.

Actually if you are into the all time greats, there are many worth watching.

IDK if you are familiar with the "a football life" series (many episodes available on YouTube), but among others, there is one featuring him.

Actually if you are into the all time greats, there are many worth watching.
I casually watched football since the mid 90s and started pretty much after Marino as I was really (and still am) hardcore into the Heat back then. I didn't really get into the Dolphins hardcore until the Fiedler years and UM in the Shannon years. So literally in my entire lifetime I haven't watched a single good football team that I liked which is why my patience is beyond thin with this team and any excuses that get made for poor play set me off more than most.

I casually watched football since the mid 90s and started pretty much after Marino as I was really (and still am) hardcore into the Heat back then. I didn't really get into the Dolphins hardcore until the Fiedler years and UM in the Shannon years. So literally in my entire lifetime I haven't watched a single good football team that I liked which is why my patience is beyond thin with this team and any excuses that get made for poor play set me off more than most.
Loved those Heat/Knicks playoff series. Would have loved them more if we won a couple.

Basketball was truly a "contact sport" in those days.

Loved those Heat/Knicks playoff series. Would have loved them more if we won a couple.

Basketball was truly a "contact sport" in those days.
giphy.gif

I feel like Grier haters will just get mad at anything he does at this point. McDonald wasn't very good and was overpaid too. They both had to go.

Yeah, he turned a 7 win team into a 2 win team. At least a 0 win team would get the benefit of the booby prize.

Back
Top Bottom