McCain and Jones to IR | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

McCain and Jones to IR

:bobdole:

You have no basic idea of contract structure. Jones was un-cuttable in 2019 and that was 100% on Tannenbaum and his ridiculous contracts. Jones would have cost Miami more to cut in 2019 than he was slatted to make in 2019. In 2020 however Miami saves 5M+ by cutting him, so he'll be gone in the off-season.

amirite...........yes I am.

Of course you are wrong. Yes in 2019, it would have cost more to cut him than to keep him (on the cap) but 2020 they would be clear. Now when they cut him it will still be dead cap for 2020, when it wouldn’t have been before. Since they are pretty much giving away 2019 cap space it would have been smart to eat his terrible contract this year

:bobdole:

You have no basic idea of contract structure. Jones was un-cuttable in 2019 and that was 100% on Tannenbaum and his ridiculous contracts. Jones would have cost Miami more to cut in 2019 than he was slatted to make in 2019. In 2020 however Miami saves 5M+ by cutting him, so he'll be gone in the off-season.

amirite...........yes I am.

There are some who are absent from reality. There are more considerations to roster moves than talent, cap hit being one. We can't forget 'rookie X is bad THIS year, so he's a bust.' Or, my favorite, 'why did Grier sign/cut pick-a-name.'

Back to topic, I don't understand the love for McCain by the staff, unless he was considered 'best of the bad,' but I think Rowe's play disproved that.

Reshad was getting paid either way think it would of cost more to cut then keep him. As for McDonald something happened that was never released. He must of had some sort of falling out with the coaching staff or something hurt his image around the league because doesn’t make sense why we cut him and why he hasn’t found a job. He’s an average safety but good enough to be a starter. There’s no logical reason why some team with injuries didn’t atleast sign him as a backup atleast.
TJ had a good season last year w 3 picks. His tackling was suspect at times (didn’t wrap up) but I thought he played his best season for us in 2018. He was never as good as Jones and it never made sense to sign him in the first place. I AM surprised no team has picked him up so I suspect he must have dropped off significantly from last year. As I said, he a made some big plays for us but perhaps his tape was poor in most other aspects of his game.

Jones should retire... McCain can’t play safety and can’t play boundary.

If they don’t decide to move McCain back to nickel he will be finding his way out the door also...
It really does seem as though Jones shoulder / collarbone injury has done him in.

TJ had a good season last year w 3 picks. His tackling was suspect at times (didn’t wrap up) but I thought he played his best season for us in 2018. He was never as good as Jones and it never made sense to sign him in the first place. I AM surprised no team has picked him up so I suspect he must have dropped off significantly from last year. As I said, he a made some big plays for us but perhaps his tape was poor in most other aspects of his game.
Not only was his tackling poor, he also looked slow on the field in coverage.

The one consistent thing you can always count on is the Dolphins having many player ending up in season ending injuries.

This years obviously does not matter, but starting next year, hope this trend stops already.

Both Jones and McCain may have seen their last games in a Miami uniform. I'm almost certain Jones will be cut in the offseason. As for McCain, Flores seems to like him. So he could potentially stay. As for McDonald, he's been playing Flag Football in Tannenbaum's back yard, while attending the BBQ, for all of the players TBum, signed to huge contracts.

Trading Fitz? No doubt he has been excellent in Pittsburgh, but he has a ton of help and little responsibility, Miami did not have that luxury and it was hurting his ego. He had to be the man and step up and he didn't want to. Getting a first for him...pretty much fixes the mistake.

McDonald has not been reigned, so not did Miami think he was a poor player, the rest of the ****ing NFL does as well

Drake, ehh, I mean, he had that game, then looked like normal Drake the next week. Pretty much what he did here and why he had no real value. Getting anything for a player you have no intention of resigning.

Clowney did not want to play in Miami, he is 26/27 years old, his window to have a Super Bowl run is closing. Miami is in the process of revamping its roster so it was not a good move for him. Grier then bends over the Texans for 3 picks in the top 50 for a LT.

If you want to complain about the drafting the team has down in the last whatever number of years, fine there is a basis for that argument as Grier has had a hand in those classes, but those complaints you list are almost all seen as good moves (the resigning, ehh, low money).

its ok I disagree with your evals right?
Minkah decision totally wrong on every angle
Any bad attitude or whatever caused by dopey choices on his positions
Haven't had a player like that at FS in decades
Very very dumb

Yes McDonald was average at best and if using RJ at SS and Fitz at FS I say fine
But not what happened
i would say you could have easily got as much production from McD at SS as oft injured RJ and him being younger keeping McD could make sense
I just flat out disagree on Drake
He was a good back who could catch and supply big plays which none of our RB's could dream about
He produced more big plays than any on the team I could guess in the last 2 years
So what overpaying him a little he is 25 and gives us a chance to draft or sign only one back instead of 2
Everyday of the week i keep him

My point is why have interest in Clowney at all if going with a HS team? Dumb choice

It would have cost more against the cap but Grier is using cap to get useless 5th and 6th round picks. It cost a roster spot to keep him. I think McDonald will still probably play more games than Reshad Jones this year.

Hard to play more games when you...aren't on a roster.

Back
Top Bottom