Mccardell To Bucs? There Is Interest In Coleman.. | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Mccardell To Bucs? There Is Interest In Coleman..

DIRTYCASHHOLDIN

Practice Squad
Reaction score
The only things I want to pass along....

It really looks like impending FA WR....KEENAN McCARDELL wants to play in JOHN GRUDEN's offense....with the BUCS. He has been buddying up with KEYSHAWN JOHNSON this off-season...and has been telling people he wants to play on the opposite side of JOHNSON....if the BUCS are interested. I would think that the chances of him signing with the BUCS are much better than him signing here....with that said.

I have heard also....that the Dolphins are not interested in WR DERRICK ALEXANDER. The reason being----that Alexander had some behavior problems....and was not such a favorite of Chiefs coach.....DICK VERMEIL.

The Dolphins would be interested in WR ANTONIO FREEMAN....but they feel that other teams will pay FREEMAN much more than they are willing to pay. The Dolphins do not want to pay FREEMAN....more than what ORONDE GADSDEN is making....

One note on the defensive end situation......I know JD down there in a post.....inquired about the possibility of the Dolphins bringing back MARCO COLEMAN...who was asked to renegotiate his contract in Wash.....but has refused. He is expected to be released......ALEX MARVEZ did ask WANNY at a recent golf charity tournament....if he would be interested in COLEMAN.....and WANS said "we would probably look at him". So COlEMAN is a possibility.....and personally.....I would take him over the BURNETT....meaning ROB BURNETT. MARCO is not as banged up as BURNETT is.....and I believe that COLEMAN could provide a much better insurance policy for DARYL GARDENER. COLEMAN still has some good football left in him...he is better against the run...then the pass.

If the season started today.....despite RAY GREENS great play so far... In the nickel package.....WANNY would have JAMAR FLETCHER on the outside.....and move PATRICK SURTAIN---to cover the slot receiver. There has been lots of talk about GREEN...and its deserved....but its still too early. But an intense battle for playing time....is coming....between GREEN and FLETCHER...regardless. But the plan is....to have SURTAIN covering the slot reciever...in those nickel packages. Who will be in SURTAIN's spot....is the question right now.

Finally....TODD PERRY is the only player I can see being released on JUNE 1st...although I really doubt the Dolphins will be pressured to do anything. They are in fine cap shape....and what I think will happen......is that they will soon ask PERRY to re-do his contract...and take a pay-cut. Perry will soon be a 1 million dollar backup OL.....and thats something the DOlphins will really take notice of.
DCH

The Bucs WR corps will be much improved this year, regardless of whether they get McCardell or not. Keyshawn back to SE, Jurevicious, Marquis Walker, Keith Poole.....they are much better this time. This group is starting to look like Gruden's group from last year. Both of the starters will be possession-type WRs. Poole is the only guy who can stretch the field. But he'll only play on passing downs.

If McCardell signs, that will give Gruden 4 possession WRs and 1 speed guy. But it will be a big group nonetheless. And they will be able to take those hits over the middle. Personally, I think that offense will suprise a lot of people. It won't be a vertical attack. But it will be one that should move the chains. Dilger, Alstott, Pittman, Keyshawn, Juravicious, Walker.....those guys are gonna be hell to bring down.

DCH................

Originally posted by DIRTYCASHHOLDIN
The only things I want to pass along....

It really looks like impending FA WR....KEENAN McCARDELL wants to play in JOHN GRUDEN's offense....with the BUCS. He has been buddying up with KEYSHAWN JOHNSON this off-season...and has been telling people he wants to play on the opposite side of JOHNSON....if the BUCS are interested. I would think that the chances of him signing with the BUCS are much better than him signing here....with that said.

I have heard also....that the Dolphins are not interested in WR DERRICK ALEXANDER. The reason being----that Alexander had some behavior problems....and was not such a favorite of Chiefs coach.....DICK VERMEIL.

The Dolphins would be interested in WR ANTONIO FREEMAN....but they feel that other teams will pay FREEMAN much more than they are willing to pay. The Dolphins do not want to pay FREEMAN....more than what ORONDE GADSDEN is making....

One note on the defensive end situation......I know JD down there in a post.....inquired about the possibility of the Dolphins bringing back MARCO COLEMAN...who was asked to renegotiate his contract in Wash.....but has refused. He is expected to be released......ALEX MARVEZ did ask WANNY at a recent golf charity tournament....if he would be interested in COLEMAN.....and WANS said "we would probably look at him". So COlEMAN is a possibility.....and personally.....I would take him over the BURNETT....meaning ROB BURNETT. MARCO is not as banged up as BURNETT is.....and I believe that COLEMAN could provide a much better insurance policy for DARYL GARDENER. COLEMAN still has some good football left in him...he is better against the run...then the pass.

If the season started today.....despite RAY GREENS great play so far... In the nickel package.....WANNY would have JAMAR FLETCHER on the outside.....and move PATRICK SURTAIN---to cover the slot receiver. There has been lots of talk about GREEN...and its deserved....but its still too early. But an intense battle for playing time....is coming....between GREEN and FLETCHER...regardless. But the plan is....to have SURTAIN covering the slot reciever...in those nickel packages. Who will be in SURTAIN's spot....is the question right now.

Finally....TODD PERRY is the only player I can see being released on JUNE 1st...although I really doubt the Dolphins will be pressured to do anything. They are in fine cap shape....and what I think will happen......is that they will soon ask PERRY to re-do his contract...and take a pay-cut. Perry will soon be a 1 million dollar backup OL.....and thats something the DOlphins will really take notice of.
DCH

On the defensive front I've got a question. I know this may be far fetched and a long shot at best, but have you heard any talk in regards to possibly bringing in Andre Wadsworth for a physical, etc? If he's healthy, he's got a ton of upside. He's a superb pass rusher and is a fairly decent run stopper.

Muck..............

Originally posted by Muck
The Bucs WR corps will be much improved this year, regardless of whether they get McCardell or not. Keyshawn back to SE, Jurevicious, Marquis Walker, Keith Poole.....they are much better this time. This group is starting to look like Gruden's group from last year. Both of the starters will be possession-type WRs. Poole is the only guy who can stretch the field. But he'll only play on passing downs.

If McCardell signs, that will give Gruden 4 possession WRs and 1 speed guy. But it will be a big group nonetheless. And they will be able to take those hits over the middle. Personally, I think that offense will suprise a lot of people. It won't be a vertical attack. But it will be one that should move the chains. Dilger, Alstott, Pittman, Keyshawn, Juravicious, Walker.....those guys are gonna be hell to bring down.

I think that Michael Pittman is an underestimated RB. He's always had to run behind an anemic offensive line. The Cards only quality offensive lineman is Leonard Davis(he'll make the pro bowl next year). Watch out for him behind a decent o-line. He had 42 receptions last year and can be a threat in the passing game as well.

Pittman is a stud. Thomas Jones was given every chance in the world to beat him out and couldn't do it. Pittman is very talented. He's got speed, power, quicks, hands.....people will know who he is soon enough. I'm suprised as to how he slipped under the radar of big signings.

BUT WE GOT RICKY!!!

Not to burst anyone's bubble, but I still think Thmas Jones can be an amazing back in the NFL. He's just so raw, didn't have anyone to learn from. It's not like Michael Pittman was going to help him along. Like someone posted before Arizona's OLINE SUCKS. Thomas Jones will be a late bloomer maybe we will see it this year, or maybe next. Arizona was a very young team when Jones was drafted, and they are still a very young team. Maybe I'm wrong about all of this, but we'll see.

I've only got one question that needs to be put to Wanny.

Where's the aggressiveness from the start of free agency? I mean the only players we brought in through free agency have been a run stopping tackle and a punter.

No guts no glory. Restructure Perry's contract or cut him loose and go hard for McCardell/Freeman/Coleman. The cap space is there to go after both of them when you factor in Perry's contract. Unless there is some team out there willing to give these guys an average of 2 mill per season.

Van, i think you are forgetting that we started this offseason almost 17 million dollars over the cap and we have still done all this:
Players signed or gained,
DT Tim Bowens (re-signed)
DT Larry Chester (Panthers)
RB Robert Edwards (free agent)
QB Jay Fiedler (re-signed)
S Shawn Wooden (re-signed)
OT Leon Searcy (Ravens)
RB Ricky Williams (Saints)
FS Brock Marion (re-signed)
WR Dedric Ward (ext.)
S Scott McGarrahan (re-signed)
DE Adewale Ogunleye (re-signed)
TE Jed Weaver (re-signed)
WR Jeff Ogden (re-signed)
P Mark Royals (Bucs)
LB Scott Galyon (re-signed)

To say Wanney and Co. haven't been aggressive is just wrong.
Show some patience also.
June 1st is the next key date you can start bitching because nothing is happening.

exactly inFin

Wanne and Rick insist and signing players that they have coached/GM'ed so that they know what they are getting. Then they stuck theie neck a little to get RW and that was just what we needed. I would like to see get a DE though just in case DG has problems and then we are all set, for now. :rolleyes: :D

Huh?!

Originally posted by chambers84
Not to burst anyone's bubble, but I still think Thmas Jones can be an amazing back in the NFL. He's just so raw, didn't have anyone to learn from. It's not like Michael Pittman was going to help him along. Like someone posted before Arizona's OLINE SUCKS. Thomas Jones will be a late bloomer maybe we will see it this year, or maybe next. Arizona was a very young team when Jones was drafted, and they are still a very young team. Maybe I'm wrong about all of this, but we'll see.

I would take Arizona's O-line (L.J. Shelton, Pete Kendall, Mike Gruttadauria, Leonard Davis, Anthony Clement with Chris Dishman providing good depth) over ours in a heartbeat. Kendall, Gruttadauria, Clement and Dishman are all solid and Shelton and Davis are going to be good for years.

Originally posted by inFINSible
Van, i think you are forgetting that we started this offseason almost 17 million dollars over the cap and we have still done all this:
Players signed or gained,
DT Tim Bowens (re-signed)
DT Larry Chester (Panthers)
RB Robert Edwards (free agent)
QB Jay Fiedler (re-signed)
S Shawn Wooden (re-signed)
OT Leon Searcy (Ravens)
RB Ricky Williams (Saints)
FS Brock Marion (re-signed)
WR Dedric Ward (ext.)
S Scott McGarrahan (re-signed)
DE Adewale Ogunleye (re-signed)
TE Jed Weaver (re-signed)
WR Jeff Ogden (re-signed)
P Mark Royals (Bucs)
LB Scott Galyon (re-signed)

To say Wanney and Co. haven't been aggressive is just wrong.
Show some patience also.
June 1st is the next key date you can start bitching because nothing is happening.

I'm not forgetting. The point is though that at the end of the day all we have to show is Chester/Royals/Williams and cross our fingers on Arturo and this is pretty much the same team minus some depth. We aren't even signing players for some better depth. I think there is too much reliance on this team "growing" together.

We need a solid DE, another WR, a solid dime CB and our OL to get it together before I can start to have trust in this team doing anything over then bombing in a wild card game.

I think our OL can be a very good one. Look at New England last year. Their OL SUCKED in 2000. They only gained a rookie LT. I remmeber laughing at them because they signed Joe Panos, who retired 4 days later.

But that OL stayed healthy and kept that cohesion. I think our OL can be much the same if we stay healthy. There's no reason to believe that Dixon, Searcy, and Wade can't be domintors if they stay healthy. And that makes Ruddy better.

AS for LT, I'm ready for Brent Smith. He'll be ok and ready to rock. I'm telling you guys.....this OL can be very good.

Originally posted by VanDolPhan

I'm not forgetting. The point is though that at the end of the day all we have to show is Chester/Royals/Williams and cross our fingers on Arturo and this is pretty much the same team minus some depth. We aren't even signing players for some better depth. I think there is too much reliance on this team "growing" together.

We need a solid DE, another WR, a solid dime CB and our OL to get it together before I can start to have trust in this team doing anything over then bombing in a wild card game.

We also resigned Marion, Bowens, Fiedler, and(signed) Searcy. That's 7 starters signed or acquired!
You, origially complained about the FO's lack of aggresiveness and I still want to know how aggressive you expect them to be when we were 17 MILLION DOLLARS OVER THE CAP.
and again, have some patience, I'm absolutely positive that all your concerns will be addressed before the season begins. It's friggin MAY, for cryin out loud.

Back
Top Bottom