McClain at 12? | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

McClain at 12?

Those are the most comprehensive videos I've seen of McClain to date.

He looks extremely normal in many of those plays, which leads me to believe that he may be a product of a great DL, giving him the opportunity to get clean hits on the ball carrier.

I was big on McClain until I saw more video on him. I would feel a lot better going after one of the elite DE or NT with the 12th pick than taking a chance on McClain.

Those are the most comprehensive videos I've seen of McClain to date.

He looks extremely normal in many of those plays, which leads me to believe that he may be a product of a great DL, giving him the opportunity to get clean hits on the ball carrier.

I was big on McClain until I saw more video on him. I would feel a lot better going after one of the elite DE or NT with the 12th pick than taking a chance on McClain.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=miJwMCgaxKo

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uhG6bwopKTc

thanks to CK

I need a 4 month sleeping pill.

Choose wisely.

clear.gif

When I saw him in the game vs Texas McClain looked to me like he had good solid physical abilities and ridiculously good instincts. He just had a knack for knowing where the play was going and busted it up. I want him bad. He'd make our LB corps instantly better.

I remember what all the knocks on DeMeco Ryans were, they all sounded just like this (slow, not an "explosive" tackler, etc.)...except he had one knock that can't be associated with McClain....Ryans was a lot smaller...

I also remember what a lot of the knocks on Patrick Willis were...(misses tackles, can't get off blocks, etc.).....except he had one knock that can't be associated with McClain....Willis was a lot smaller...

Most of these same knocks were also attached to Karlos Dansby....except Dansby was more McClain's size...

Here's the deal....what McClain brings in terms of measurables is enough to make him the best ILB prospect in this draft....

...what's going to make him an excellent pick for whoever takes him are the things that he brings that are IMMEASURABLE......that seperates good ILB's from great one's....

Miami will probably have a choice in every round between players that are tape measure "freaks" that don't live up to the hype....or players that define the essence of a "football player"....that will start and make an immediate impact from day 1....

It'll be interesting...

can't see dan williams beign the pick at 12 unless he smokes it at the combine.

You are probably right about that so dropping down would make the most sense. But who falls in love with someone slipping down to pull the trigger? Unless it's one of the top two tackles that dropped to us, I would love to see a trade.

Don't get me wrong, I would love to land one of the three NT's in this draft between, tcody, dan wiliamsn, and cam thomas. but just not at twelve.

I'd have to hear ck's take, but I don't think we get either of three if we don't use our #43 pick on them.

McClain has good measurables but he's a playmaker. Some guys play better than their measurements and his measurements are already pretty damn good. There's a reason he's ranked so highly. His intangibles are what makes him such high prospect. This guy is a defensive leader like we don't have on the team now. This kid is a team captain in the making.

Back
Top Bottom