McClain Questions | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

McClain Questions

FinsFan24

All-Timer
Reaction score
Rolando McClain is supposed to be this can't miss prospect. And the truth is, I would rather take him over Dez Bryant, George Selvie, Brandon Graham, and all of them. My only question is can he cover the elite TE's in the league? I want to know that when we play teams like the Chargers, Colts, Niners, and even the Faclons still(for another year at least) that he will be the guy who can go step for step and shut their TE down. If thats not the case, I would seriously consider Dez or Brandon with that #12 pick.

yea i believe he can cover TE's but IMO i would rather have Dez Bryant. If both are sitting there at 12 and we take McClain over Bryant or the Bryant over McClain i wont be upset either way.

He's a lot better in coverage than what we currently have but no he isn't going to go step for step with those guys, but nobody really does.

His weakness is post snap read. So IMO NFL offenses will eat him alive early until he gets some schooling from someone other than Nick SATAN.

From everything I've seen on McClain that doesn't look to be a weakness of his, in fact it would be an attribute. McClain is a smart player with very good football instincts but he's not the greatest athlete, he's not a bad athlether either but he's no Patrick Willis by any means.

From everything I've seen on McClain that doesn't look to be a weakness of his, in fact it would be an attribute. McClain is a smart player with very good football instincts but he's not the greatest athlete, he's not a bad athlether either but he's no Patrick Willis by any means.

Are there any players in this years draft that are the ray lewis or patrick willis type?

thats dissapointing...well than i say we go for a big name reciever that could turn out to be a andre johnson or calvin johnson type.

I've been on the draft Dez Bryant bandwagon for a long time now but I don't even think he's an Andre or Calvin Johnson.

I've read that pass coverage is his pet peeve, not a great athlete. Then, I don't expect Parcells to ok McClain at #12. Looking at Capt Obvious...Miami is going OLB, NT, FS, or WR.

I've read that pass coverage is his pet peeve, not a great athlete. Then, I don't expect Parcells to ok McClain at #12. Looking at Capt Obvious...Miami is going OLB, NT, FS, or WR.

That could very well be the case, if they don't like McClain(which I doubt though) or he's gone by their pick then I don't think there will be a NT or FS worthy of the #12 pick so IMO it will either be Dez Bryant or an OLB. Really though I don't care who it is as long as it's the best player available.

Denver will draft Dez.. No doubt.. Were in a bad draft spot for him..........

he's a Parcells dream in size/speed; plays 2-way LB...can go inside/outside...and we've all learned how this regime loves 2-job players!

Back
Top Bottom