McClain Questions | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

McClain Questions

His weakness is post snap read. So IMO NFL offenses will eat him alive early until he gets some schooling from someone other than Nick SATAN.
Not sure where you heard or came up with this idea. Just the opposite it true. The guy is a film addict and is like having an intelligent, well prepared, defensive QB on the field.

Your statement would be about as equivalent as saying the real #13 in Miami is Jake Scott and not Dan Marino...:)

Denver will draft Dez.. No doubt.. Were in a bad draft spot for him..........

Plenty of doubt. Brandon Marshall would have to be traded for Denver to consider Dez in my opinion. If he isn't traded and ends up staying in Denver, I think there is no doubt that Denver will look to address other needs. I'm not saying he is definitely going to be there at #12, nor am I saying we should definitely draft him if he is there. I'm simply saying it is far from a given that Denver scoops him up at 10.

I don't see why everyone thinks Denver will take Bryant at #12. They still have Marshall as of now. Their D needs help - they just lost Nolan and their top DE/OLB. They picked up alot of FA's last offseason to bandaid their D. I think they may go D and it certainly isn't a lock either way.

Yes, McClain is actually very solid in coverage. Much better in coverage than any ILB currently on our roster.

That could very well be the case, if they don't like McClain(which I doubt though) or he's gone by their pick then I don't think there will be a NT or FS worthy of the #12 pick so IMO it will either be Dez Bryant or an OLB. Really though I don't care who it is as long as it's the best player available.

Well, the FS that I was talking about it Eric Berry. There is a very good possibility that he will be there at #12. Not saying that 100%, but the top 11 teams have bigger needs at DT, DE, QB, and LT. None of them have a dire need at FS and there will be very good top notch talent at DT, DE, QB, and LT there when the Eric Berry possibles pick. So I'm of the thought that Berry will indeed be there at #12. If he is gone, then OLB or NT is my guess right now.

Dan Williams could very well be worthy of the #12 pick, if you ask me. However, with the probability of Cam Thomas or Mt Cody being there at #43, I'd go OLB. And that only if a top notch one is still there. I am of the thought that Graham isn't worth a top 15 pick. He is to "me", Matt Roth. If I had to choose between Graham and Dan Williams? I'd go Dan Williams and go for Eric Norwood at #43. I don't see Graham being that much better than Norwood. JMO.

Yes, McClain is actually very solid in coverage. Much better in coverage than any ILB currently on our roster.

McClain screams Channing Crowder to me. And that's not a bad thing, since I believe Crowder is above average. McClain is probably a 'little' bit better than Crowder, who had 113 tackles in 2008/2009 season. That being said, McClain would struggle defending the TE too...especially with Wilson still at FS. :bobdole:

McClain screams Channing Crowder to me. And that's not a bad thing, since I believe Crowder is above average. McClain is probably a 'little' bit better than Crowder, who had 113 tackles in 2008/2009 season. That being said, McClain would struggle defending the TE too...especially with Wilson still at FS. :bobdole:
:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol: Sorry but McClain's skillset is nothing like Crowders at all. Totally different backers. Micah Johnson is similar to Crowder, McClain, not even a slight resemblance.

I'm confused, a couple weeks ago R.M. was the next Willis. Now it seems no one wants him?

Best case scenario: Berry falls to 12. No questions asked, he's our pick.

If he's gone, I think we'll either look at one of the following: D. Bryant, E. Griffen, B. Graham, R. McClain, D. Morgan.

I'd love to throw Spiller into that mix, but I don't think the FO would pull the trigger on Spiller. Of the group listed, I'd be very happy with Griffen or Bryant, and I'd be happy with Morgan or Graham. I'd be OK with McClain.

Best case scenario: Berry falls to 12. No questions asked, he's our pick.

If he's gone, I think we'll either look at one of the following: D. Bryant, E. Griffen, B. Graham, R. McClain, D. Morgan.

I'd love to throw Spiller into that mix, but I don't think the FO would pull the trigger on Spiller. Of the group listed, I'd be very happy with Griffen or Bryant, and I'd be happy with Morgan or Graham. I'd be OK with McClain.
I'd throw Earl Thomas into the discussion as well. I know a lot of people are high on Dan Williams as well. I'm high on him also, but Parcells is known for looking at NT later in the draft.

I'm confused, a couple weeks ago R.M. was the next Willis. Now it seems no one wants him?
This is how the draft works every year. We analyze every quick twitch muscle or upper thigh explosion of every player, then we shack them out and see who is still standing tall at the end of the process.

In the beginning everyone is super high on many prospects, then later we analyze them and bring them back down to earth.

Well, the FS that I was talking about it Eric Berry. There is a very good possibility that he will be there at #12. Not saying that 100%, but the top 11 teams have bigger needs at DT, DE, QB, and LT. None of them have a dire need at FS and there will be very good top notch talent at DT, DE, QB, and LT there when the Eric Berry possibles pick. So I'm of the thought that Berry will indeed be there at #12. If he is gone, then OLB or NT is my guess right now.

Dan Williams could very well be worthy of the #12 pick, if you ask me. However, with the probability of Cam Thomas or Mt Cody being there at #43, I'd go OLB. And that only if a top notch one is still there. I am of the thought that Graham isn't worth a top 15 pick. He is to "me", Matt Roth. If I had to choose between Graham and Dan Williams? I'd go Dan Williams and go for Eric Norwood at #43. I don't see Graham being that much better than Norwood. JMO.

I get your point about Berry and none of those teams being in a dire need for a FS but Berry is just too good to last that long. IMO there is only one player that may be better than him in the draft and that's Suh. Suh is going to be a top 3 pick for sure, and I just don't see 7-10 other teams passing up the BPA before it gets to Miami's pick. I honestly wouldn't be the slightest bit upset if Miami took Earl Thomas at #12 though either but I really don't see that happening as he's projected to go late 1st round.

2008-09 draft class so fur the 1st rd and 2nd rd have play well. except white and 3rd rd turner he need time..

Back
Top Bottom