McCourty on Tua | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

McCourty on Tua

I dont get how everyone dismisses the fact the good and Elite QBs were set up with weapons to make them who they are today. And Tua somehow "needs" weapons to perform. Its such a double standard. I like how JM responds on that...

Good clip. Thanks for sharing brother. Tua has one big monkey to get off his back and that's a good routing of Buffalo. If there is one thing that can earn him a force multiplier of street cred (I know we say we don't care but we do) is to put up 4 or more TDs on Buffalo. Like you and the GMFB team said, he needs weapons and a line, now he has weapons and a line plus a playcaller that knows how to use him.

gladiator GIF

Good clip. Thanks for sharing brother. Tua has one big monkey to get off his back and that's a good routing of Buffalo. If there is one thing that can earn him a force multiplier of street cred (I know we say we don't care but we do) is to put up 4 or more TDs on Buffalo. Like you and the GMFB team said, he needs weapons and a line, now he has weapons and a line plus a playcaller that knows how to use him.

gladiator GIF
I agree Tua now has weapons. It’s the line the jury is still out on.

I dont get how everyone dismisses the fact the good and Elite QBs were set up with weapons to make them who they are today. And Tua somehow "needs" weapons to perform. Its such a double standard. I like how JM responds on that...

Exactly, Josh Allen has Stefon diggs and had cole beasley, Herbert Keenan allen and mike williams, Burrow Jamar chase and Tee higgins and tyler boyd, Mahomes had Hill Kelce, etc, Rodgers had Devante Adams and other good wrs before, Kyley Murray Deandre Hopkins, it just goes on. Tua had hardly any wrs his first season. Then what could have been waddle and parker was mostly just waddle, while the other wrs were often injured and out. Not to mention horrible o line and no rbs. The top qbs often have good rbs too

Sadly, you are correct. What is the real reason for all the animus toward Tua?
His injury caused an avalanche of negativity…Flo’s handling of him compounded it. His play didn’t wipe it away, for numerous reasons.

Luckily for him, he has a great opportunity this year…he’ll need some stellar individual play to get the needle moving.

And he had probably the most innovative offensive minded head coach in the history of the league.

Joe Cool was one of the best ever. However, just count up all the HOF players on that team.

Rice, Lott and Walsh alone are widely considered in the top 3-5 receivers, defensive players and head coaches respectively of all time.

Once things eventually shake out, you’ll be able to count up quite a few HOF’ers that Brady played with as well. Belicheat, Moss, Gronk and Vinatieri for sure. And they’ll likely be a few more from their pool of defensive stars and o-line.

And that list won’t include some perennial All-Pro players.

I hate it when these guys say a QB needs weapons to succeed as if its a bad thing... I mean, get your clueless ass out of the 90s and realize the team needs these weapons if they want to make it to a SB regardless of who their QB is.
just about all great qbs had great or very good wrs. I mean marino with marks brothers, Irving fryar was very good, oj mcduffie. Kelly had Andre Reed and Don Beebe. Steve young and Montana had Rice. Aikman with Irvin and alvin harper. Elway to Rod smith and he had Shannon sharpe, it just goes on. Brett Favre had very good wrs too. Before Donald Drive, Sterling sharpe was a beast and probably would have been a hof with how his career was going until he had a serious injury that cut his career short.

I hate it when these guys say a QB needs weapons to succeed as if its a bad thing... I mean, get your clueless ass out of the 90s and realize the team needs these weapons if they want to make it to a SB regardless of who their QB is.

Correct. Some may remember I did a study of teams appearing in the SB since 2000? All but 1-2 teams had 3 or more of top 10 D, top 10 OL, top 10 run game, top QB, top HC. Didn't focus on WRs, but I'm confident top receivers are common for SB teams. That includes, TB, Rodgers, PManning. More weapons make a QB more productive. Weapons are valuable, but not a crutch.

Back
Top Bottom