McD full interview The Dan Lebatard Show | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

McD full interview The Dan Lebatard Show

The thing that hits me like a sledgehammer is that he is so genuine and transparent. Mike McDaniel is the complete opposite of Joe Philbin, Adam Gase and Brian Flores in that all three of them were also rookie head coaches completely conditioned to giving non-answers and revealing anything when in front of a camera. I understand why the players appear to have embraced Mike. He is completely different. When given a direct question, he is smart enough to be able to think on his feet. In contrast, Joe, Adam and Flo went into robot mode and never opened up because that is how they were taught head coaches behave. Time will tell if the transparency works but the contrast is stark.

The thing that hits me like a sledgehammer is that he is so genuine and transparent. Mike McDaniel is the complete opposite of Joe Philbin, Adam Gase and Brian Flores in that all three of them were also rookie head coaches completely conditioned to giving non-answers and revealing anything when in front of a camera. I understand why the players appear to have embraced Mike. He is completely different. When given a direct question, he is smart enough to be able to think on his feet. In contrast, Joe, Adam and Flo went into robot mode and never opened up because that is how they were taught head coaches behave. Time will tell if the transparency works but the contrast is stark.
I think it illustrates intelligence. As an attorney who works with witnesses, you can answer questions with interesting answers without giving up competitive advantage if you are articulate and intelligent. Hiding from questions is not the answer. The better tact is to answer offensively. McCoach does this naturally. Guys who dodge everything are typically either being an a-hole on purpose or lack the mental horsepower to answer in a way that helps you and avoids saying things that hurt you. You can see when McCoach answers he pauses and thinks through what to say and what not to say. Smart guy.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom