McD full interview The Dan Lebatard Show | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

McD full interview The Dan Lebatard Show

Honestly, I still don’t quite get the T.Hill leaving KC?

If it strictly was because of money then in understand completely.

But he’s contending that was due to lack of proper utilization.

I love how open he is, it's super fun to hear what it really is like behind the scenes. Makes it seem more real life, puts a story and a personality to the face. Love it

The thing that hits me like a sledgehammer is that he is so genuine and transparent. Mike McDaniel is the complete opposite of Joe Philbin, Adam Gase and Brian Flores in that all three of them were also rookie head coaches completely conditioned to giving non-answers and revealing anything when in front of a camera. I understand why the players appear to have embraced Mike. He is completely different. When given a direct question, he is smart enough to be able to think on his feet. In contrast, Joe, Adam and Flo went into robot mode and never opened up because that is how they were taught head coaches behave. Time will tell if the transparency works but the contrast is stark.

great post. noticed the same thing from the first questions as a new head coach. Meanwhile the media is thinking what is this "information" this coach is giving us? Are we on to Cincinnati or not?

It was a very interesting interview. My impression is that he will try to bring out the best in every player. Other coaches said that in the past, but I did not believe them. The coaches I did not believe were inflexible and required conformity to their image of a successful team. Just the way he thinks and responds to questions gives me some belief that he will try to bring out the best in his players.

Back
Top Bottom