McDaniel on Open Mike: "We're sitting on a gold mine." | Page 7 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

McDaniel on Open Mike: "We're sitting on a gold mine."

Whenever I see Spiketex post I think of the nasty guy on Mad Max with the wild hairdo that looks like a spike! Ha ha just an cookoo observation from the cheap seats… I’m sure Spiketex is a very handsome fellow! (Insert intro to @circumstances emoticon here)
Many thx Steviey01. I used to have very spikey hair (it has thinned noticeably). While I'm tougher than most, I'm not quite as tough as the nasty guy on Mad Max, who was a big Miami Dolphins fan in the Don Shula era.

Can we get Mike Silver some freaking Bennadryl?

i was watching facebook reels while listening to the interview. Some chick influencer doing her squat workout . It was like everytime she went up and squeezed her butt cheeks, it was a whistle. i was like WTF i thought my phone was on mute. so tried silencing phone and it was already silenced, I was thinking, damn she is a helluva influencer if her video wont let me mute it. then i was scrolling to the next normal reels, i still heard it. thats when i realized he was wheezing and whistling. Like damn pollen horrible there. Once you got the wheeze its too late. You gotta prepare weeks in advance with that allegra

But was good video. Wife asked me why i was working so late for (normally i leave between 2-230) I started the video at 220. Around 3pm I get the entire "you came home at a normal time yesterday when i was working, you are going to work late cause im home" "No damnit, its Mike McD. fine I'll come home"

i was watching facebook reels while listening to the interview. Some chick influencer doing her squat workout . It was like everytime she went up and squeezed her butt cheeks, it was a whistle. i was like WTF i thought my phone was on mute. so tried silencing phone and it was already silenced, I was thinking, damn she is a helluva influencer if her video wont let me mute it. then i was scrolling to the next normal reels, i still heard it. thats when i realized he was wheezing and whistling. Like damn pollen horrible there. Once you got the wheeze its too late. You gotta prepare weeks in advance with that allegra

But was good video. Wife asked me why i was working so late for (normally i leave between 2-230) I started the video at 220. Around 3pm I get the entire "you came home at a normal time yesterday when i was working, you are going to work late cause im home" "No damnit, its Mike McD. fine I'll come home"
Aaron Paul What GIF by Breaking Bad

I don’t believe MM believes that MIA doesn’t need to improve the line. They do. And he knows it.

I think it was more about the belief that getting YAC play makers was more of a priority cause it could help speed things along quicker. Getting the ball out quickly to players that can do something with it not only helps the QB but makes it so the line doesn’t have to hold up as long. And unlike before, the receivers getting the ball can make one move and be gone.

I made a similar argument prior to the 2021 Draft, lobbying for one of the stud receivers (Smith, Chase, Waddle, Pitts) over the available lineman. I still believe MIA made the correct choice.

Lastly, I’ve been saying for quite a long time that Grier drafts and prioritizes FA/trades per the needs and wants of his HC and staff. That’s been his M.O.

For good or bad, he trusts his HC and believes in the Parcells ideology of shopping for the type of groceries the staff wants most.
Same. I think the playmaker focus was due to it being his first year there and with the addition of Hill, it could be a sizable impact. Now they need to wrap it up and do whatever is needed to go get Washington in the draft. If you don't believe me, listen to the Locked On Dolphins episode on him from earlier this week. I've never heard Kyle Crabbs so geeked out about a player in the draft.

Same. I think the playmaker focus was due to it being his first year there and with the addition of Hill, it could be a sizable impact. Now they need to wrap it up and do whatever is needed to go get Washington in the draft. If you don't believe me, listen to the Locked On Dolphins episode on him from earlier this week. I've never heard Kyle Crabbs so geeked out about a player in the draft.

Same. You could feel the energy when he was talking about him and he is rarely wrong. The Dolphins need to hire him for scouting.

Last edited:
He's a troll. Notice how fast he also vanishes. Just likes to dump and run.
He really couldn't stand it that the entire organization is behind Tua. This guy is just venting. Some people rather be prideful than to admit they were wrong

Tua went 0-4 in December and got knocked out. Not a peep about that.

Don’t fall for propaganda bullshit.
Please elaborate. What would you have liked him to have said in regards to your first statement …?

What propaganda?

Last edited:
I've blocked him but I just have to look at what he says sometimes. Guy is an absolute tool in a shed full of dull tools. He contributes nothing but his hate for our players. He must have really hated Alabama and can't stand that Tua is our QB.

IMO what McD saw about Tua being the perfect QB for his system is pretty obvious to anybody who bothers to watch the film and has a reasonable understanding of football. And it's not just the fit, but also how high the level of play is. It's tough to compare numbers across different eras but if you look at what Tua did relative to the league averages last season and compare it to past performances, Tua's season is one of the best since Marino in '84. (I didn't do the analysis myself. I ran across the comparison during last season). Yes, there are injury concerns, but any reasonable analysis isn't limited to just one piece of information. Looking at the whole of how Tua played last year, he was incredible. And protecting against future injury is one of those things that can be managed for the QB position. It's not just about throwing money at the OL. In fact, it's more about play style and game management than it is about adding individual OL talent.

Back
Top Bottom