McDaniel on Open Mike: "We're sitting on a gold mine." | Page 8 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

McDaniel on Open Mike: "We're sitting on a gold mine."

Aaron Paul What GIF by Breaking Bad
Comedy Central Idk GIF by Drunk History

anyone else pickup on the fact that his first year, in FA FO wanted to beef up OL and McD WRs? Since McD got his way last year, points again to the idea that McD must be a big influence in them not spending $$$ on the OL this year. And the way he described his disagreement with them was like he was the one calling the shots, that he didn't want to tell them, 'because I'm the boss and I said so'. This would be quite noteworthy to confirm. Can't argue with that philosophy last year but this year I strongly disagree.
I saw it. I think he was saying, it all starts w the QB and I’ve uncovered that this QB is special at distributing the ball. But he needs guys that can get open in space - which let to Hill and Wilson etc signings. And guys like Parker not being retained. It got everyone on the same page. I don’t think he believes OL isn’t important but he had to get Tua into a spot where they could build around his gifts. Going OL and not getting the dynamic players Tua doesn’t have the season he had, we don’t make the playoffs, we don’t have this bonanza of good coaches and players wanted to come here and we don’t have a FO and staff aligned on the mission. Kudos to McCoachity Coach

I’ll add: getting everyone to buy in as he did and on the same page is the no 1 thing that impacts culture.

hopefully all the folks who are crapping on Tua has watched the MCdaniel interview talk about our qb.

if you have'nt you are not a fan of this team period.

to hear a coach with that offensive exp talk about the genius that is Tua should be enlighting to you.

it only reiterates what Ive said from the get that always gets people to disagree.

it takes more talent at QB to facilitate more talented skill players, thats why he wants to find players that can do things with the ball in their hands, because he knows he has a qb then can deliver the ball to those type of players at the right time and place.

i was watching facebook reels while listening to the interview. Some chick influencer doing her squat workout . It was like everytime she went up and squeezed her butt cheeks, it was a whistle. i was like WTF i thought my phone was on mute. so tried silencing phone and it was already silenced, I was thinking, damn she is a helluva influencer if her video wont let me mute it. then i was scrolling to the next normal reels, i still heard it. thats when i realized he was wheezing and whistling. Like damn pollen horrible there. Once you got the wheeze its too late. You gotta prepare weeks in advance with that allegra

But was good video. Wife asked me why i was working so late for (normally i leave between 2-230) I started the video at 220. Around 3pm I get the entire "you came home at a normal time yesterday when i was working, you are going to work late cause im home" "No damnit, its Mike McD. fine I'll come home"
Butt cheek whistles are a good thing...no?!

Many thx Steviey01. I used to have very spikey hair (it has thinned noticeably). While I'm tougher than most, I'm not quite as tough as the nasty guy on Mad Max, who was a big Miami Dolphins fan in the Don Shula era.
Haha! yeah I figured! Just reallized that ur from Oz...pls put another shrimp on the barbie for me tanight! I gotta real good visual now Spiketex and the "tougher than most with spikey hair that noticeably thinned" is very illuminating! Nice that we've finally got our Head Coach nailed down huh?

I saw it. I think he was saying, it all starts w the QB and I’ve uncovered that this QB is special at distributing the ball. But he needs guys that can get open in space - which let to Hill and Wilson etc signings. And guys like Parker not being retained. It got everyone on the same page. I don’t think he believes OL isn’t important but he had to get Tua into a spot where they could build around his gifts. Going OL and not getting the dynamic players Tua doesn’t have the season he had, we don’t make the playoffs, we don’t have this bonanza of good coaches and players wanted to come here and we don’t have a FO and staff aligned on the mission. Kudos to McCoachity Coach

I’ll add: getting everyone to buy in as he did and on the same page is the no 1 thing that impacts culture.
Add Gibbs to the weapon list. 4.36 40 and elite at receiving.

hopefully all the folks who are crapping on Tua has watched the MCdaniel interview talk about our qb.

to hear a coach with that offensive exp talk about the genius that is Tua should be enlighting to you.

it only reiterates what Ive said from the get that always gets people to disagree.

it takes more talent at QB to facilitate more talented skill players, thats why he wants to find players that can do things with the ball in their hands, because he knows he has a qb then can deliver the ball to those type of players at the right time and place.

I haven't & defintely won't now

I think Tom Segura summed it up best "some people suck".

you beat me to this. I was gonna share it, ha. yep I like hearing this. Man I just hope miami gets more o line help and judo helps tua learn how to fall as well as tua getting rid of the ball and not playing hero ball. The sky is the limit for this team and offense, but only if Tua is playing.

you beat me to this. I was gonna share it, ha. yep I like hearing this. Man I just hope miami gets more o line help and judo helps tua learn how to fall as well as tua getting rid of the ball and not playing hero ball. The sky is the limit for this team and offense, but only if Tua is playing.
Jiu Jitsu is what Tua is doing.

"Gruden taught this to Kyle Shannahan. With tape, you tell a story. And through video you tell a story so you have more backbone to your argument. That whole process helped Tua see what this means. Why he can trust me, and what we are focusing on moving forward. It was the first building block. And once we hit the field, you could see this guy viscerally realizing, wow maybe I am good."

"I showed Tyreek the same tape. Immediately, Tyreek was like oh yeah totally. And Tyreek started telling the world. You have this 1 of 1 guy come out and be like no, this dude is the DEAL."

I didnt realize there are Gruden roots here, but makes sense with the Rich Gannon raiders era. I used to make that comparison with Tua, but Tua goes deep way more often. So we have an offense that is supposed to throve on YAC while being the #1 in the air yards team at various times last year. What gives? Big balls is the answer if you ask me. With various guys on the team. A GM in a make or break period hiring an unproven nerd while "Cant get fired for hiring xyz" candidates abound. Said nerd doing it his way, and then Tua slinging that (ball). Oh yeah and Tyreek coming in guns bloazing as a leader ion a new team. That was thought out, calculated and welcome.

Back
Top Bottom