McDaniel on QB Tua Tagovailoa's potential for next season: "I can see a hunger in him" | Page 7 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

McDaniel on QB Tua Tagovailoa's potential for next season: "I can see a hunger in him"

Umm it’s not a good debate, one presents conclusive facts and detailed analysis, the other presents twitter conjecture and statements like “you can’t make this up” and lols. This is a classic woodshed moment and it’s difficult to watch someone get beaten that badly.
Okay I’ll solve this… Is there any there there?

This article is all over the place to be honest...

Its built around this:

"He continues to say that in Buffalo, the offense will be timing as well but that with Josh Allen, there is more opportunity for plays after a route is run. Sherfield says that Allen’s ability to extend plays is one of those reasons why."

Fins passing offense regardless of QB: 8.2 yards per attempt
Bills passing offense: 7.5 yards per attempt

So then he must mean that Allen buying time somehow gives his receivers more YAC opportunities right? But Josh Allen's receivers were 32nd in the league at YAC...?

Hmmm... Maybe he means buying all that time means he gets to throw deeper...? Probably not, as Tua still threw deeper than Allen on average, while getting rid of the ball faster, and was much better at actually throwing passes as Tua finished the season with a 105 rating, compared to Josh pedestrian 96.
Well now Sherfield is the enemy… What do you expect him to say? We’ll see how well he does twice a year against the new Fang defense. Should be veddy intadesting. 🧛‍♂️

Back
Top Bottom