McDaniel on QB Tua Tagovailoa's potential for next season: "I can see a hunger in him" | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

McDaniel on QB Tua Tagovailoa's potential for next season: "I can see a hunger in him"

LOL!! You gotta be careful. It doesn't take much to ruffle feathers.
It really isn't ruffling feathers, because it is the same 5 or so posters in every single thread about Tua that say the same stupid crap every time.

It is just frigging annoying, we all know about Tua and his injuries. This fing thread had nothing to do with that. They act like little children and just can't refrain from saying it over and over. It is literally like the last thing these guys (who hate Tua) have to stand on, so they just say it over and over. You don't see a bunch of posters running into every Tua thread and just saying Tua #1 pass rating in the NFL over and over with nothing else?

Tua has the drive to be great.

As McD noted, it’ll be Tua’s first season with continuity in playbook or playcaller on offense going back through college.

Can’t wait… the Fins’ offense when Tua was healthy was a weekly topic on sports shows that made listening throughout the week so much fun.
I think people don't talk near enough about that this will be the first time since HS Tua has got to play in the same O/playcaller. For a young QB that is huge. The comfort level going into this year should be huge. Now instead of the QB and everyone just trying to learn an O, it is about tweaking the O and improving the O all offseason.

It really isn't ruffling feathers, because it is the same 5 or so posters in every single thread about Tua that say the same stupid crap every time.

It is just frigging annoying, we all know about Tua and his injuries. This fing thread had nothing to do with that. They act like little children and just can't refrain from saying it over and over. It is literally like the last thing these guys (who hate Tua) have to stand on, so they just say it over and over. You don't see a bunch of posters running into every Tua thread and just saying Tua #1 pass rating in the NFL over and over with nothing else?

Exactly this

I really think we are going to see some more growth from both Tua and McDaniel this year in this offense

For McDaniel I think we see growth in in game playcalling. Get a little more balance and faster at playcalling.

For Tua hopefully the comfort level rises is the whole Offense. Think at times Tua would force to Waddle and Hill. Spread the ball out a little and know when to just take the checkdown.

In a forum, everyone has the right to say what they want, some may agree, some may not, but that's the beauty of forums. But I get your point of view. Let's look at it from another angle. Everyone knows about his injuries, so why start a new thread about his hunger? It is clear that he is the starting quarterback for 2023, so why post an article that repeats what we already know, but in a different way, and the article posted talks about his injuries at the same time? Whether posters run into every Tua thread and post random stats is debatable. That has happened in many threads where I have participated but It's the internet enjoy. Go Dolphins! Blessing Jah Rastafari!

In a forum, everyone has the right to say what they want, some may agree, some may not, but that's the beauty of forums. But I get your point of view. Let's look at it from another angle. Everyone knows about his injuries, so why start a new thread about his hunger? It is clear that he is the starting quarterback for 2023, so why post an article that repeats what we already know, but in a different way, and the article posted talks about his injuries at the same time? Whether posters run into every Tua thread and post random stats is debatable. That has happened in many threads where I have participated but It's the internet enjoy. Go Dolphins! Blessing Jah Rastafari!
What? Why post a thread about his hunger? Well maybe and I am going out on a limb here the OP started it because it was direct quotes from the GD HC of the Miami Dolphins. And if you bothered to actually read the article it has more from McDaniel on Tua. Like I said the wild whatever says the same stupid thing in every Tua thread. He probably didn't read the article and had zero comments that actually related to the article. And yes everyone has the right to say what they want on forums, but then accept what happens as well (problem with people on the internet these days). Want to act like a a**hat/troll, well then don't cry about it when you get treated like an a**hat/troll.

Anyway f it the troll derailed the thread enough already, should be actually talking about what McDaniel said.

I really think we are going to see some more growth from both Tua and McDaniel this year in this offense

For McDaniel I think we see growth in in game playcalling. Get a little more balance and faster at playcalling.

For Tua hopefully the comfort level rises is the whole Offense. Think at times Tua would force to Waddle and Hill. Spread the ball out a little and know when to just take the checkdown.
If I'm not mistaken, this will be the first time Tua has had the same system + play caller in back-to-back seasons either with the Miami Dolphins or Alabama Crimson Tide. I think people are sleeping on just how important that continuity is going to be for him, and just how much growth we can expect as a result.

If I'm not mistaken, this will be the first time Tua has had the same system + play caller in back-to-back seasons either with the Miami Dolphins or Alabama Crimson Tide. I think people are sleeping on just how important that continuity is going to be for him, and just how much growth we can expect as a result.
Yep. Last time with back to back play caller was in HS.

Tua knows all systems available to mankind!
Haha. Yep

It is pretty impressive though. And all 3 at Bama had some pretty significant deferences. Even Waddle as a WR was deployed vastly different in each offense.

I really hope the Tua/McDaniel combo works out. I think they match up good together.

Haha. Yep

It is pretty impressive though. And all 3 at Bama had some pretty significant deferences. Even Waddle as a WR was deployed vastly different in each offense.

I really hope the Tua/McDaniel combo works out. I think they match up good together.
I remember alot of people telling guys to pump the brakes on expectations since it was the first year in that system, "by week 8 things should start to click", which was a reasonable take... After 10 games, the Fins were the most explosive offense in the NFL. We good.

My biggest question mark with Tua and McDaniel heading into next season isn’t the injury concerns. It’s the fact that the league seemed to “figure out” the offense towards the latter half of the season (starting with the west coast swing). McDaniel failed to adjust effectively. Can McDaniel add new wrinkles into the offense that isn’t predicated on Tua looking off his receivers and throwing it over the middle? Because that is what the league figured out, and there wasn’t a counter to that answer from the league.

I remember alot of people telling guys to pump the brakes on expectations since it was the first year in that system, "by week 8 things should start to click", which was a reasonable take... After 10 games, the Fins were the most explosive offense in the NFL. We good.
I was one of those guys who managing their expectations, and he was learning a new system. Do you know what posters would have said if Tua played like ****? He is learning a new system so he needs time to adjust, which is a fair argument but he proved many of us wrong. Having said that, there is an old saying that says it doesn't matter how you start, it matters how you finish. His play down the stretch was very average, and he looked terrible against the Chargers who were using their backups.
My biggest question mark with Tua and McDaniel heading into next season isn’t the injury concerns. It’s the fact that the league seemed to “figure out” the offense towards the latter half of the season (starting with the west coast swing). McDaniel failed to adjust effectively. Can McDaniel add new wrinkles into the offense that isn’t predicated on Tua looking off his receivers and throwing it over the middle? Because that is what the league figured out, and there wasn’t a counter to that answer from the league.
I think you hit the nail on the head. Although continuity is great when learning a new system, what gets overlooked is that it also gives opposing teams time to review Tua's film and teams have months to prepare. While he is deadly against zone defenses, he struggles against man coverage. It is not the responsibility of McDaniels to get Tua to adjust, Tua has to improve on both his reading field and the defense. We should be concerned as Dolphins fans if you heard what Sherfield said last week. Our system built on timing and trust and QB was dropping back and letting it go no matter if you there or not. So all talk about him going through progressions is out the window. Tua has to improve on reading the field and throwing the ball away when nothing is there. Period! Blessings Jah Rastafari!

Back
Top Bottom