McDaniel the most impressive new Head Coach in the NFL? | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

McDaniel the most impressive new Head Coach in the NFL?

I'd much rather we didn't have such a brutal start. I could see a lot of the offensive play calls being on the "innovative" side. If initial success is poor, I could see some saying the play calling is too "cute/complex/gimmick reliant".

I would love to see a successful "Shanahan style running attack". That could take time to implement and acquire the right guys.
What's the brutal start part? We're at home against a feckless Pats team that Tua is 3-0 against. Getting our D is not a good thing for those teams either. We start the year 4-1. Book it.

Speaking of Tua getting hung out to dry, combined with that awful OL, look at how often his receivers have been blanketed. With the additions of McDaniel, Armstead, and Hill (and guys like Williams, Wilson, Edmonds, and Mostert), you expect this significant weakness to become a major strength. With multiple receivers who can create instant separation and a coach who comes from a system that creates separation at the highest level, Miami can alternate who they design chunk plays for (largely between Hill and Waddle).

Waddle was the only receiver Tua could count on to win in 2021. As a result, and coupled with the OL, they used him more like Jarvis Landry than Tyreek Hill. Tyreek was in a similar-ish situation, where teams wouldn't leave 2-high vs KC, and if they took away Kelce underneath, they didn't have a trustworthy/efficient 3rd option, so KC just started making most of Hill's routes shorter.

So, Miami went from having half-assed offensive systems in each of the last two seasons, with awful OL's, and mediocre-to-bad receiving options

To

A system (with answers, responses, and real focal points), an OL that should at least be average, and one of the very best receiver units in the league - easily the fastest.

If teams want to run a lot of soft looks like they did vs Hill in KC, McDaniel is much more willing to run the ball than Reid. If teams don't play soft, they're always an inch from giving up a big play.

Tua should be in a great spot in 2022 🤞🙏 I think he can be the guy. Obv McDaniel has to prove that he can run a team and be a winning/creative play caller/designer away from Shanahan. I feel good about both.

Back
Top Bottom