McDaniels staying in NE | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

McDaniels staying in NE

This to me signals that Belichick only has one more year in NE before retiring, that’s if he doesn’t announce his retirement tomorrow. McDaniels just torches his prospects of becoming a HC anywhere else with this bush league move. He wouldn’t do that to wait around several more years to become a HC again. He will be HC of NE in 2018 or 2019.

The Colts must be royally pissed. They might end up with one of the Eagles coaches now... DeFillipo or Frank Reich.
Reich might actually be a hell of a hire.

So the Belichick era is nearing its end? Probably by 2019 McDaniels is the HC. Maybe he'll do such a terrible job he'll force Brady to retire.

That ones in here. Lol. Lots of possibilities.

http://www.sun-sentinel.com/sports/...0207-story,amp.html?__twitter_impression=true

Hyde10: Ten conspiracy theories (including Dolphins) on why McDaniels returned to Patriots
Colts are a bad team even with Luck right now. That division is going to be tough so it's at least a two year project to get back to a competitive state. If Luck's health is questionable it could a tough road. Not exactly a desirable position for a pick of the litter coaching candidate.

Interesting part about the luck/brisset angle that i didn't consider at first

Those are all things he knew before agreeing to take the job... Even the Luck situation was a question mark at best.

Yup, I think Hyde was trying to put a little humor spin on the situation.

Never under estimate Bob Kraft's desire to screw with the Colts.

This was 100% calculated, in my opinion. The Patriots had to allow certain assistant coaches to go to the Colts, which they did. Then they waited until after those assistant coaches signed contracts, and pulled this? lol

They cleaned house of some staff members they weren't happy with, don't have to pay them, and stuck the Colts with a huge problem. Brilliant.

Can someone answer a question for me...

Why can't teams officially hire a coach that is still active in the postseason?

They can interview them and get everything in place to the point that everyone knows they are leaving "job a" for "job b", like Matt Patricia leaving the Patriots for the Lions (and apparently Pistons as well!) or Dan Quinn leaving the Seahawks for the Falcons, but they can't make that hire official until that team has been eliminated from the play offs or wins/loses the Super Bowl. I just can't get my head around the logic of that setup and why teams can't make the hire official and get that contract signed there and then. I suppose it might be because these kind of deals can only happen when a team's season ends and that allows people out of their contracts to leave for promotions, but it still makes little sense to me to prevent teams from making hires official when everyone knows that a verbal agreement has been reached and that person is leaving. Maybe that wouldn't have prevented the Colts being shunned by McDaniels, but had he signed a contract when he verbally agreed to the job, it would have made it more difficult for him to change his mind like he did.

Back
Top Bottom