McDaniels staying in NE | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

McDaniels staying in NE

I do really hope 2018 is Belichick's swan song, and McDaniels takes over for him.

I am not afraid of McDaniels as a head coach. I think he has the mind for it, but I do not think he has the demeanor or temperament.

Just one more reason to hate the Patriors. Hope that Karma finally gets that team while Belichick finally calls it quits then Mcdaniels takes over and fails even worse than he did in Denver. Would be poetic justice if the Patriots never play in another Super Bowl.

Can someone answer a question for me...

Why can't teams officially hire a coach that is still active in the postseason?

Because you can't be employed by two teams at the same time as a coach or a player. That would be like saying Nick Foles could've sign with the Patriots the week prior to the Super Bowl even though he was still the Eagles starting qb. Now if the Patriots grant a coach a release from their contract than he's unemployed and would be free to sign with another team as soon as he wants.

Because you can't be employed by two teams at the same time as a coach or a player. That would be like saying Nick Foles could've sign with the Patriots the week prior to the Super Bowl even though he was still the Eagles starting qb. Now if the Patriots grant a coach a release from their contract than he's unemployed and would be free to sign with another team as soon as he wants.

Other sports have precontract agreements. For example a soccer player in the last six months of their contract in England can sign and agree a contract with a team in Germany for example. That way it secures that player. It's not employment by two teams it's just they go from one team to the next when their current contract expires.

Granted the NFL adopting such a method could cause issues like with expiring contracts signing with other teams, but if they just let the head coach candidates sign that precontract it secures them and prevents people backing out without that team's consent and agreement, and in turn a team like the Colts would get compensated for the Patriots last minute power play to keep their coach after he had given his word to the Colts that he was joining them.

I was listening to an Indy station this morning on the way to work and they blamed the flu epidemic in Indiana on Josh McDaniels.

They said he made everyone in Indiana sick! I LMAO, they set it up perfectly. I didn't think it was possible but they hate the Patriots even worse now.

Other sports have precontract agreements. For example a soccer player in the last six months of their contract in England can sign and agree a contract with a team in Germany for example. That way it secures that player. It's not employment by two teams it's just they go from one team to the next when their current contract expires.

Granted the NFL adopting such a method could cause issues like with expiring contracts signing with other teams, but if they just let the head coach candidates sign that precontract it secures them and prevents people backing out without that team's consent and agreement, and in turn a team like the Colts would get compensated for the Patriots last minute power play to keep their coach after he had given his word to the Colts that he was joining them.

But can a player in the English Premier League sign a contract while still playing for another English Premier League team?

But can a player in the English Premier League sign a contract while still playing for another English Premier League team?

No, and I'm not sure if a player at a German club can sign one with another German club, or Spanish to Spanish.

That aside, is there any harm in a coach signing an agreement making his next career move official when everyone and their dog knows they are leaving to join the new team when their old team is eliminated?

I personally don't see the issue. If it is seen as a conflict of interest, then allowing them to interview while their team is active in the play offs should be seen in the same way (e.g. does it take away their focus on their current job?), and perhaps teams should be made to wait until play offs are over to interview a coach whose team is active in the play offs.

This is a rare occurrence. Coaches don't usually go back on their word, but the interview and hiring process does need to be looked at and refined.

Back
Top Bottom