McDaniel’s Top 3 All-Time Dolphins RBs | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

McDaniel’s Top 3 All-Time Dolphins RBs

Yeah, that game against the Raiders solidified Lamar Smith as a legend in Miami Dolphins post-1990 history. He was unfortunately not nearly the same back in his second season with us. They rode him pretty hard for someone in his 30s.

I think I'm a little bit surprised there isn't any love for Bernie Parmalee in this thread. He and Kirby combined for over 1200 yards rushing in 1995.

Saw someone mentioned Karim Abdul-Jabbar. I kind of blame him for not being a better running back. Ha. Quality teammate. Just wasn't a back who would make defenses pay for mistakes. Yeah, I do sort of blame him for not being the power back Marino needed. He was the back Marino deserved.

I also see there's no love for Reggie Bush. He was good while he was with us.

I think I have to agree that behind Csonka and Morris, it would have to be Ricky Williams. Then after that, I would give a nod to Lamar Smith and, yes, Jay Ajayi for doing something amazing (those 200+ yard rushing games).
You mean the Colts?

All around player - advantage Nathan - I agree. I’ve also said on this board he’s super underrated though in that top 100 dolphins of all time piece he was in there in a good spot. Doesn’t Morris have the highest YPC after Jim Brown for eligible backs? Nathan had that great swim/slash move on the sweep as he cut it back inside. Seemed like he got 5 every time he got the ball. Great player
Marion Motley and Jamal Charles are actually first and second in career yards per carry for running backs. Yet Morris is one of only a few running backs in NFL history to average over 5 yards per carry.

I think he went from the Bob Griese days to the mid 90s Marino days but that's 👍

He was but he only averaged 5.1 YPC compared to Nathan’s 4.8 YPC , while Nathan had over 3000 more receiving yards than Morris did. Nathan was also an excellent blocker while Csonka and Kiick were used more as blocking backs than Morris who was used as a change of pace RB in the Dolphins offense.

Like I stated earlier, I really liked Morris but I just feel Nathan was a better all around RB for the Dolphins. Yet it’s hard to disagree with anyone who picks Morris over Nathan in their top three.

Tony was a great football player but not much of a golfer

GOLFING_zpstmnacofm.jpg

Lots of fun paired with him in a charity tournament in the late 90's

As a running back that average 4.8 yards per carry and caught passes for over thirty five hundred yards in his career, Tony Nathan was the most underrated RB in Miami Dolphin history.

I loved Mercury Morris but as an overall RB, I would put Nathan over Morris on my top 3 list.
he was no Andra Franklin!

Csonka was a beast. But ricky was hard to bring down and very good rb too. Enyoyed his stay here and all the long runs ahgainst bill jets and pats. Many great game days with my man ricky.

Back
Top Bottom