McDougle signing. | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

McDougle signing.

KB21

Club Member
Reaction score
Well, Miami has given him a one year deal to allow him to prove himself. The guy has been an underachiever to this point in his career, so the hope appears to be that Hudson Houck can get him to play to his potential.

I tell you. Coach Houck and Coach Davis have a major job ahead of them. They have some guys who have underachieved that they have to coach up. If the light goes on for some of these linemen, Miami has a chance to have a very good offensive line.

Damion McIntosh and Stockar McDougle are going to be projects. John St. Clair turned the corner last year and looks to be on the upswing in his career. Jeno James was a tremendous disappointment last season, as was Vernon Carey.

Wait, what are we going to do with St. Clair? Assuming that Carey and McIntosh are battling it out for LT, and James is at LG and McKinney (ugh) at C, is St. Clair moving to guard? Is McDougle? Is St. Clair getting cut? Are we just going to throw these guys into a steel cage death match in training camp, and the last five standing are starters?

I'm so confused.

I believe St. Clair will remain at tackle. As of this moment, he is the one player with the least amount of questions about his ability to play his position.

I believe that Damion McIntosh, Vernon Carey, and Stockar McDougle are all in a position where they have to earn their starting jobs. Damion's injury over the past season and a half notwithstanding, these are the players with the most question marks about their work ethic. It is entirely possible that none of these three will be starting when the time comes. Now, that wouldn't be good in the long run because it means these players aren't playing up to their talent levels. It would also mean that someone else has either stepped up or won the job by default. We won't know that till we get into the season.

McDougle started his NFL career as a guard though, and many projected him to be a guard when he was coming out. He and Vernon Carey seem to share the same problem. They are content with just being good and don't push themselves to be great.

I believe they are now under the direction of a coaching staff that will force them to find that desire, or else they will be out of a job.

Back
Top Bottom