Mcduffie Meets With Wann-spiel... | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Mcduffie Meets With Wann-spiel...

DIRTYCASHHOLDIN

Practice Squad
Reaction score
From what I understand---OJ MCDUFFIE has already met with both WANNY and SPIELMAN...and has agreed to have his contract terminated.
However...OJ is not going to go anywhere. The Dolphins will soon name OJ as a special assistant to WR COACH ROBERT FORD.
This whole move is to just clear OJ's salary cap....and at the same time...move him into a coaching role. OJ is still contemplating toe surgery...and says that he will make his decision shortly on that front. But for the sake of the team..OJ has agreed to help the DOlphins with regard to his contract for 2002.
The plan is to keep Mcduffie in a coaching role...and if he does get the surgery...and if he can come back and play....then the Dolphins can just "activate" him. Its a win-win situation all the way. Mcduffie is still one of the most respected guys on this team..and he literally has been a coach already out there on the playing field. This is a great way to hide someone on the roster..and in the case for OJ...this is ideal.
DCH

Sounds good to me

Just having O.J. in the organization and around the players is a plus.

Originally posted by DIRTYCASHHOLDIN
From what I understand---OJ MCDUFFIE has already met with both WANNY and SPIELMAN...and has agreed to have his contract terminated.
However...OJ is not going to go anywhere. The Dolphins will soon name OJ as a special assistant to WR COACH ROBERT FORD.
This whole move is to just clear OJ's salary cap....and at the same time...move him into a coaching role. OJ is still contemplating toe surgery...and says that he will make his decision shortly on that front. But for the sake of the team..OJ has agreed to help the DOlphins with regard to his contract for 2002.
The plan is to keep Mcduffie in a coaching role...and if he does get the surgery...and if he can come back and play....then the Dolphins can just "activate" him. Its a win-win situation all the way. Mcduffie is still one of the most respected guys on this team..and he literally has been a coach already out there on the playing field. This is a great way to hide someone on the roster..and in the case for OJ...this is ideal.
DCH

Do you have a link to an article?

Originally posted by iceblizzard69
It sounds great!
ditto that OJ should make a good coach eventually, but has to cut under the cap :cool:

i cannot find anything in the usual places... :confused:

Originally posted by dolphan39
i cannot find anything in the usual places... :confused:

Exactly...tis why I wanted some sort of proof.

This is the closest thing I have found.
If the Dolphins can do something with those players (renegotiate their contracts, cut them, or, in McDuffie’s case, a possible retirement), they can go a long way toward reducing their cap problems.

We have a plan for O.J.,†said Rick Spielman, the team’s senior vice president of football operations and player personnel, declining to be specific.
Spielman said McDuffie hasn’t told the Dolphins if he’ll opt for another surgery on his injured left big toe, an injury he suffered in November 1999, but Spielman said McDuffie has discussed his future with coach Dave Wannstedt.

DCH....................

........Naughty-naughty.You know what I mean.I don't need to explain, do I?

Re: Channlel 7

Originally posted by FFiB
...it was reported on Channel 7 in Miami (WSVN).

McDuffie IMO has always been a class act. It will be great to see him roaming the sidelines tutoring the young receivers.

BB

Originally posted by DIRTYCASHHOLDIN
From what I understand---OJ MCDUFFIE has already met with both WANNY and SPIELMAN...and has agreed to have his contract terminated. McDuffie has always been a class act, and a real team player and it is a real shame that his career has been cut short by a turf toe injury. But I think the Dolphins will benefit even more from OJ coming into the coaching ranks ,, with OJ there was nothing flashy about his play he would get you the tuff yds for 1st down yardage as well as finding the endzone, all he has ever done is what the team has expected of him !!!! Marino1983

Back
Top Bottom