McGahee roster status: Anyone else think this is weird? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

McGahee roster status: Anyone else think this is weird?

DrAstroZoom

Bon vivant
Reaction score
Willis McGahee will miss at least the first six weeks of the season after the Buffalo Bills placed the first-round draft pick on the reserve non-football injury list Tuesday.

The move was expected. The former Miami star running back continues to recover after tearing three ligaments in his left knee the Hurricanes loss to Ohio State in the Fiesta Bowl last January.

It was obviously a football injury ... what's the deal?

i think its because he wasn't injured while practicing or playing in the nfl ..

on sportscenter a few days ago, they talked about McGahee.

They said his quad is 80% right now and as soon as its healed he'll begin practice.. most likely in october... and then if everything goes as planned, he'd start by midseason.

That's exactly what it is. He was not injured in the NFL and he was not under contract with any team.

I figured that was it, but you'd think they'd change the name of the list to "non-team-related injury" or something. Just a quibble.

Not necessarily...

If TH continues to fumble the ball thru the first 6 weeks, it may be very likely you'll see WM starting.

McGahee's injury while in college, thus the only option for the Bills is "non-football injury" or NFI list. If he had been injured while a member of an NFL team, then he could be placed on the PUP list

I gotcha Clump, I guess I was just complaining about the nomenclature of the list. (My big word of the day!)

This is the NFL we're talking about. The nomenclature doesn't have to make sense.

Back
Top Bottom