McKinney, NAILS, and PERRY.... | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

McKinney, NAILS, and PERRY....

I have to be honest fellas!!! I AM CONCERNED about our O-LINE!!! I am not sticking up for LAMAR, but when I went to the games last year there really weren't any holes or running lanes for Lamar!Hell, not even cutback lanes! RUDDY got his ass kicked last year and simply gets blown off the ball, that's why they went after KRUETZ and landed MCKINNEY!! I just hope these guys are truly UPGRADES!

Billsfan, you might call Nails a castoff- and perhaps he was- but he seems to have made the decision to turn his career around by dropping weight, adding muscle, and working hard. There's no question that the guy has talent, the question about him has always been whether or not he's had the desire to go with it. With his current weight he's either going to be very good, or we're going to see why he's no longer in Buffalo.

the biggest upgrade in the OL comes not from the players in the scheme, but in the scheme itself. If you look at the TERRIBLE OL men that the Chargers featured last year, and still see the success they had running the ball, you will get a feel for the fact the we are more talented at 10 of the 11 positions on offense (TE is a gimme for them). Trade Chan's playcalling for Norv's, and you gain, trade L.Smith for RW and you get MUCH more.

Few coaches have changed their teams more than Norv Turner. And he will do so here, and RW will finally have a chance to run the ball his way, and a team that will use his abilities, as a blocker to improve it's vertical passing game.

Our OL will look markedly better, no matter who the starters are.

Coach Largent..............

Originally posted by Coach_Largent
the biggest upgrade in the OL comes not from the players in the scheme, but in the scheme itself. If you look at the TERRIBLE OL men that the Chargers featured last year, and still see the success they had running the ball, you will get a feel for the fact the we are more talented at 10 of the 11 positions on offense (TE is a gimme for them). Trade Chan's playcalling for Norv's, and you gain, trade L.Smith for RW and you get MUCH more.

Few coaches have changed their teams more than Norv Turner. And he will do so here, and RW will finally have a chance to run the ball his way, and a team that will use his abilities, as a blocker to improve it's vertical passing game.

Our OL will look markedly better, not matter the starters.

Good point. I agree with your view. Norv really didn't have too much talent on that offensive line in San Diego.;)

I live in Orlando, and had the opportunity to watch Cornell Green a lot during the Culpepper days. He's got potential and is nasty, but he's very clumsy and slow. While he'll dominate most bull rushers, he becomes a Turnstile type when a speed rusher is lined up on him.

If Wise can get him to use his feet better, I think he could turn the corner, until then, I'm not holding out much hope. He could be a candidate for the practice squad. IMHO, if he makes it, it will be as an interior lineman.

Back
Top Bottom