McKinney Re-signs/Saban wants RB at #2? | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

McKinney Re-signs/Saban wants RB at #2?

The McKinney re-signing has me scratching my head and wondering if Rick is making moves behind Saban's back.

I can see us taking a RB if we can work a trade down but I really don't see TB as a likely candidate, despite the rumors.

how can they say that the qb thing are a smokescreen when saban wasn't the one who started it? nobody knows who we are drafting, except me when i put my mock draft up ;)

I agree....fans need to stop reading into rumor's and "sources". The only person that knows anything isn't saying....and we have NO idea who will be the Dolphins selection.
Thats why trying to make up a mock draft is just plain foolish...we have no idea of what Saban's plans are....will he trade down...will he trade more than once...will he go after the obvious...or select a player or position most wouldn't of thought about...gee we are going to have a great time next weekend....GO PHINS!

For the most part the media has no idea who we'll draft. If we stay at 2 it will be either Smith or Brown, you can count on that.

I can't complain about McKinney. Between him, a rookie in the draft(maybe), possible the Wade Smith experiment, maybe Damion Cooke, and both Hadnot and St. Clair having C experience in college, there's no garuntee that Seth will make the team let alone be our starter.

Celtkin said:
The McKinney re-signing has me scratching my head and wondering if Rick is making moves behind Saban's back.

I can see us taking a RB if we can work a trade down but I really don't see TB as a likely candidate, despite the rumors.

You should....since Tampa is trying to pick up Henry...I would say thats a sign they won't be going after a running back in the draft...but it wouldn't keep them from going after M. Williams...INSTEAD of a QB.

I'm not surprised that no one else put an offer on McKinney.

This is what i see saban diong, bbring in as many guys as he can, and let them all compete and fight for the spot.. no one is guaranteed a spot , it should belike a spring training high school team.. no one is sure they are going to make, and if they are they have to work for it.

i love SABANS move.. he is signing all these players to minimum contracts, which will be easy to release them.

perezferia said:
No one hates McKinney as much as me. In all of my life I've NEVER seen a center get pushed backwards 2 yards on every single play in my life! AHHHH... Dwight Stephenson, where have you gone?

:lol:

The guy was clearly owned last year. I can't believe he was a third round pick, thanks Wanny.

To me it appears as if Saban has shown next to no interest in Brown. The reports were that he didn't watch him work out at the combine and we know he did not attend his pro day (although he didn't do much). I'm not sure if Brown was in Miami for a visit, but even Brown has admitted that Miami has not had much contact with him.

Does that sound like the way you respond to a guy you are about to take 2nd overall and commit $19-plus million in guaranteed money to?

On the flipside, Smith was interviewed by Saban at the combine. He went over game film with Saban and Spielman prior to his pro day workout and Saban was in attendance at his workout. He was then brought to Miami for two days of interviews and Smith's agent has hinted that Smith may be the pick.

Of course we do not know who the pick will be but we can make reasonable assumptions based on how this pre-draft period has unfolded.

feelthepain said:
Well I think I'll wait on Mckinney, who knows maybe Houck is what it takes to turn this thing around and a new O philosophy could help. Smokescreen???I agree 100%.

Exactly. How many players has Riley had come in and turn around their careers? Coaching improves a player immensely and we have a great one in Houck.

IMO Saban is tricking people into thinking he's tricking them into thinking he's tricking them into thinking he's tricking them into thinking he's tricking them into thinking he's tricking them into thinking he's tricking them into thinking he's tricking them into thinking he's tricking them..... lol.

But seriously, who knows what Saban's thinking? Anything could be called a smokescreen and we'd end up in a loop.

Regan21286 said:
IMO Saban is tricking people into thinking he's tricking them into thinking he's tricking them into thinking he's tricking them into thinking he's tricking them into thinking he's tricking them into thinking he's tricking them into thinking he's tricking them into thinking he's tricking them..... lol.

But seriously, who knows what Saban's thinking? Anything could be called a smokescreen and we'd end up in a loop.

But the beauty of this is that Saban likely has done absolutely nothing to fuel these reports. We are often hearing of insider reports but we have already been told by Saban that there is only one voice for the organization. Saban strikes me as a guy who would not tolerate any leaks from inside the organization. Given this, I feel these insider reports are nothing but BS. The only hints we have as to what Saban will do in the draft is how he has proceeded during this pre-draft period. In that regard, he sure has been focusing quite closely on Alex Smith...but of course, that's just him doing his due diligence.

Back
Top Bottom