McKinney Re-signs/Saban wants RB at #2? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

McKinney Re-signs/Saban wants RB at #2?

FaninPatsyLand said:
Dang it, McKinney is garbage. I'm tired of seeing his @$$ get manhandled.

That's why I hope we can make a trade down but still pick one of the big 3 running backs. Get the 2nd rounder for Surtain and pick up Jason Campbell. With the other 2nd we'd get in a trade down we pick up the best DT or safety and the one we don't pick up we do in the 3rd. In the 4th since the centers are a pretty deep class we go center to compete with McKinney.

Yeah, the "several league sources" are probably teams that would want leverage should they try to trade up for the #2 pick. :rolleyes:

VanDolPhan said:
That's why I hope we can make a trade down but still pick one of the big 3 running backs. Get the 2nd rounder for Surtain and pick up Jason Campbell. With the other 2nd we'd get in a trade down we pick up the best DT or safety and the one we don't pick up we do in the 3rd. In the 4th since the centers are a pretty deep class we go center to compete with McKinney.

Sounds like a pretty good to me. McKinney definitely isn't the answer at center. He was putrid last year.

FaninPatsyLand said:
Well, that's better than ENJOYING seeing his @$$ getting manhandled. :wink:
(Sorry, I couldn't resist)...

LostInPatsLand said:
Well, that's better than ENJOYING seeing his @$$ getting manhandled. :wink:
(Sorry, I couldn't resist)...

:lol: Yeah really...

It would be nice to have someone that would plant Wilfork in the ground 2 games a year. ;)

Well I think I'll wait on Mckinney, who knows maybe Houck is what it takes to turn this thing around and a new O philosophy could help. Smokescreen???I agree 100%.

If you want a center in the draft, then we need to pick up Wilkerson. He has played for Saban and knows his system inside and out. He got injured his senior season as he was/is touted as the best center prospect. He is projected to be 100% healthy by the time pre-season starts. Wilkerson is projected to be a 3rd round pick because of health issues and it would be a good pick for us.

The last three sentences of Wilkersons strengths is what we have been lacking from McKinney.
http://proxy.espn.go.com/nfldraft/draft05/tracker/player?id=8490

FaninPatsyLand said:

I think he just needs to have another year under it. And with a new line coach that could help. hell we had cruddy Ruddy for what 10 years. How that is possible. I don't know but talk about awful that guy was terrible. He has to be one of the top ten worst centers we ever had. Maybe even tops.

Glad it is definite that Smith is the pick. I like the guy, and I wouldnt be too upset if took him, but Id rather get Ronnie Brown.

FaninPatsyLand said:

No one hates McKinney as much as me. In all of my life I've NEVER seen a center get pushed backwards 2 yards on every single play in my life! AHHHH... Dwight Stephenson, where have you gone?

JohnDolphin73 said:
If you want a center in the draft, then we need to pick up Wilkerson. He has played for Saban and knows his system inside and out. He got injured his senior season as he was/is touted as the best center prospect. He is projected to be 100% healthy by the time pre-season starts. Wilkerson is projected to be a 3rd round pick because of health issues and it would be a good pick for us.

The last three sentences of Wilkersons strengths is what we have been lacking from McKinney.
http://proxy.espn.go.com/nfldraft/draft05/tracker/player?id=8490

saban will be using linehan system so ben wilkerson won't have any advantages there, but i agree w/ ben being a great pick up. not only is he technically sound but a great leader and very smart. hopefully we pick him up and he stays injury free.

McKinney was pretty bad last year. But, he's at the Vet min. and you don't just drop players - you need competition. He was the starting center last year so, as bad as he was, he's good to have to compete. If he wins the job, he wins the job. I think one of the reasons you saw him get pushed around was that he was thinking too much and that there was confusion on the line. I've seen McKinney play at OG and he was pretty good.

On the RB rumor - this is what I hate about the reporting in the Miami papers - "several league sources" - what the CRAP is that? The Janitor at NFL headquarters? Someone in the Dolphin organization? Some accountant for the Seahawks? Another beat reporter in another city?

Please. When papers report stuff like that it's entirely unreliable. It's about as accurate as PFT crap.

Back
Top Bottom