McKinney Signs... Finally | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

McKinney Signs... Finally

Originally posted by Dajesus
I know he will most likely be on the team, but Dave is from the JJ school where if you get in his dog house you have to show 4X what everyone else is doing. Ask DG about that.

Lets hope he pulls a Todd Wade. Remember when Wade held out much longer than McKinney, came in and had a great rookie season?

I know he will most likely be on the team, but Dave is from the JJ school where if you get in his dog house you have to show 4X what everyone else is doing. Ask DG about that.

I don't think comparing DG to McKinney is accurate. Missing two days of training camp is far different from alienating your teammates, falling out of shape, and missing voluntary workouts.

Re: NICE BUST!!

Originally posted by Phinmaster1354
It's about time this BUST signs!! I am not sold on this KID!! He is WANNY's FUTURE BUST! I just don't see this kid being a good lineman in the NFL!! He's too limited!! MCKINNEY =BUST!!!:yell:

Come on man, tell us how you REALLY FEEL!!!!

Besides last year when he had one good target to throw to who was injured for a few games, Griese is a very productive QB and could be a Pro Bowler this year with a healthy WR corps and Shannon Sharpe.

Re: NICE BUST!!

Originally posted by Phinmaster1354
It's about time this BUST signs!! I am not sold on this KID!! He is WANNY's FUTURE BUST! I just don't see this kid being a good lineman in the NFL!! He's too limited!! MCKINNEY =BUST!!!:yell:

He was a fanalist for the Rimington award. How in the hell do you figure he`s a bust?

Originally posted by FinHeavenAJ
[news]McKinney Signs... Finally[/news]
The Miami Dolphins signed center Seth McKinney, their third-round draft choice this year, to a three-year contract. Financial terms were not released.

“I’m happy to get the contract signed and get back on the football field,†McKinney said. “I learned a lot during the time I was here before the start of camp, so I don’t think I am too far behind. I’m anxious to get out there tomorrow for the first day in pads.â€Â

Does anyone know what the numbers to the contract?

GOOD CALL DAJ!!!

How much do you think Wanny going public and saying "it's not like he was a first round draft choice that is already slated to start. He is a 3rd rounder fighting to make the team." Had to do with Seth getting a deal done today? Firgging moron he knows that every one is talking about Nails and Searcy comming on strong and looking good, and that Perry is slated to start, and if Troy Andrews has a big training camp being in the coaches dog house will most likely get him cut. So what does he do? Hold out. MORON!
My sendiments exactly!!! In today's NFL, you must come right in and produce.Gone are the days, where you had a couple years of development!!!He has alot to learn!!

I can't blame McKinney and wouldn't have been surprised if he stuck to his guns longer. The dolphins were low-balling him on the signing bonus. It wasn't until they put in incentives that virtually GUARANTEE his base salary for 2002 to jump up to be like a virtual signing bonus, that he signed. The dolphins' signing bonus offer was a full $100k below the average of the spots above and below McKinney in the draft.

And it wasn't quite OUR fault either, cuz we were stuck with a really sh!tty allotment for our rookie pool and had to be creative to get our guys signed. We could have low-balled all the rest of our draft picks and have the possibility of like 3 or 4 holding out for a bit, or we could have gotten them all in training camp fast and just had one who we were gonna hit a snag with...McKinney. We chose the latter, McKinney played his part in the production as well, and when the Dolphins started to put on the heat, McKinney caved like a champ.

NFLPA can't be happy about it.

Re: Re: NICE BUST!!

Originally posted by Capt. Dick

He was a fanalist for the Rimington award. How in the hell do you figure he`s a bust?

Agreed - Some of you need to give the guy a break. He's just trying to make a living! His wife's pregnant, for goodness sake! I'm sure he's feeling *no* pressure these days. How well he plays, no one can see the future.

Back
Top Bottom