McKnight,Trade Him or Keep Him? | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

McKnight,Trade Him or Keep Him?

Don't trade...he looked good in the Buc's game..I haven't really heard of him dropping passes in preseason or TC lately..I think he
s ready..I think he may save us this year..All the pressure is not on him this year..I think he will relax and have an excellent year.
We can't give up that speed that easily, unless we kept Baker and AJ..both McKnight's faster than both.

Originally posted by iceblizzard69
McKnight should be traded if we could get at least a 4th round pick in return.

The ever insightful wisdom of iceblizzard. You're a pretty funny guy. I notice that when you post in a thread, you always restate the obvious and nothing more. Its all good, I laugh everytime I read them......

I don't think McKnight's play has been that erratic. He dropped passes last year sure but it wasn't like he dropped most of them. He dropped MAYBE 5 all year long and caught like 60. Thats not terrible. The fumbles are pretty inexcusable. His play was erratic at the beginning of TC, when we saw McDrops return in full force but really ever since the camps with the Buccaneers he's turned that around and I have not heard of him dropping many or even ANY balls since then. Really, Wannstedt was right to open up OG's spot for competition its just that McDrops was in full dropsy force at the beginning of camp and it made it look just plain stupid that he and OG were on an even keel.

As for why Dedric has leapfrogged him, its just because Dedric is quicker and more suitable for the slot. Heck I even read that Dedric's size gives him an advantage there (ask Hines Ward he'll probably tell you the same thing....same as Wayne Chrebet...and Troy Brown...all schrimps). But just because Dedric is ahead it doesn't mean he's higher on the depth chart. McKnight is still the primary backup for starter and they WILL get him the ball some. I mean gee all he did last year was tie for the most catches on the team in his first year on this team and in that offense...

The problem with McKnight is you all remember the couple bonehead plays he made. Then you all seem to forget all the good stuff he did. Tying for the team lead in catches, catching the game winner against Seattle, being a steady mentor for Chambers, does any of that matter? I dunno off the top of my head how many catches he had, but it was over 50. Over 50 statistically recorded positive things against maybe 4 or 5 bad plays. Now lets throw in how he draws coverage away from Chambers and OG. That by itself should warrant respect. How about his cool temper and how he goes all out on every play, does that count for anything? He could easily be had for a 4th-5th round pick I think, because other teams know this. If McKnight was as bad as you all would make him out to be, do you honestly think Wanny-Spiel would keep him with that high of a salary? Think about it......

Wayne Chrebet and Troy Brown are starters, not a good comparison.

Ward is the number 3 because he just plain old outplayed McDrops. Please give some credit where credit is due here. Ok?

Wayne Chrebet and Troy Brown are regularly switched to the slot in three wide receiver formations, as is Hines Ward....making it a very good comparison since all three enjoy a good bit of success in the slot and are considered by their team as their "slot man" in 3-wide formations.

really guys...i think if he just switched jerseys he'd catch a lot more balls! he's got tony martin's old jersey for pete's sake! after tony voodooed that jersey you couldn't catch a cold with that thing on!

Huh?

... haven't you been one of the guys that have been complaining about the Dolphins pre-season performance? Well if that's the case then why would you imply the Eagles are going to contend for a Super Bowl?

Their pre-season has almost been as bad as ours. They've scored 6 more points than us and they have allowed 1 more point than us this pre-season with the same 1-2 record.

Please splain yourself.

Oliver...

Originally posted by dolphinators13
No, Freeman signed with the Eagles, because he wants to win a SB.

Don't bother Oliver, no one knows what goes on in the mind of dolphinators......

Sorry I missed the memo... :)

Originally posted by BMarion31
Don't bother Oliver, no one knows what goes on in the mind of dolphinators......

I'll give you the fact that those guys move inside...I'm merely saying they are starters...I just wanted you to give some credit to Ward for actually beating him out.

I like McKnight he has done his job and taken our young guys under his wing. I think we should keep him just out of loyalty more than anything else.

Originally posted by ckparrothead
I don't think McKnight's play has been that erratic. He dropped passes last year sure but it wasn't like he dropped most of them. He dropped MAYBE 5 all year long and caught like 60. Thats not terrible. The fumbles are pretty inexcusable. His play was erratic at the beginning of TC, when we saw McDrops return in full force but really ever since the camps with the Buccaneers he's turned that around and I have not heard of him dropping many or even ANY balls since then. Really, Wannstedt was right to open up OG's spot for competition its just that McDrops was in full dropsy force at the beginning of camp and it made it look just plain stupid that he and OG were on an even keel.

As for why Dedric has leapfrogged him, its just because Dedric is quicker and more suitable for the slot. Heck I even read that Dedric's size gives him an advantage there (ask Hines Ward he'll probably tell you the same thing....same as Wayne Chrebet...and Troy Brown...all schrimps). But just because Dedric is ahead it doesn't mean he's higher on the depth chart. McKnight is still the primary backup for starter and they WILL get him the ball some. I mean gee all he did last year was tie for the most catches on the team in his first year on this team and in that offense...

You guys are seeing what patience can do..Me and CK are on the same page again...Good job CK...I feel ya..:lol:

Back
Top Bottom