McKnight,Trade Him or Keep Him? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

McKnight,Trade Him or Keep Him?

wood

Practice Squad
Reaction score
Wondering what everyone thinks> I am of the opinion that we should shope Mcdrops around for a draft pick or a solid DB. I know that will thin us out at wr, but sometimes you have to make bold moves to get ahead. i am tired of the fish being so conservative in this respect. Ill give us credit for the Ricy deal, but why do we have to stop. Mcdrops is unhappy and he will sure drop one in the clutch, keep baker and Johnson and ship him off for some future gains. What do youll think?

we should of traded him a while ago and pic up freeman who signed for the min

Freeman signed where he did for the money he did because he's going to play in the same West Coast Offense that he's use to. He would not have come down to Miami to play for the minimum to learn a new offense, IMO.

Trading McKnight could be awefully difficult. But he's got experience with the Cowboys and they are definitely in search of WRs...

McKinight will stick around because who knows if they will bring back Gadsen next season....

Maybe, but its not a good sign that Dedric Ward has officially leapfrogged him as the 3rd WR. McKnight's not happy, nor should he be. He could be a starter elsewhere but here he's 4th because of the defined set of skills needed at 3rd WR despite the fact that McKnight was only a little bit behind Gadsden in the running for starter.

But I think McKnight should probably stick around because one injury to OG or Chambers, propels J-Mac immediately into a starting role rather than Dedric Ward who, though he's being given more playing time than J-Mac, is at the same time being pidgeon-holed as a slot receiver which will make it very hard for him to be anything but a 3rd.

Well you have to admit that Ward is better suited for the slot because of his height...Mcknight just need to get over mental mistakes..Once he gets over his mental mistake , he can become a very good receiver with his speed and height(He is 6'1)...

Trade him to The iggles for Al Harris, straight up. Good deal for both teams.

McKnight's going nowhere. While he is listed as 4th on the depth chart he is going to be playing the starter WR spot to rest O.G. Plus if we let him go next season we would have Chambers/Ward and? O.G won't be back next season.

Quite frankly I hope they do experiment more with Chambers/McKnight on the outside as they both will be hard to contain leaving Ward pretty much unaccounted for.

Yes, we'd be silly to trade McKnight. Remember guys, it's a LONG season. And we WILL suffer injuries to the position. Just look at last season. When we finished, McKnight and Ogden were our only "healthy" WRs. And both suffered injuries during the season.

"McKnight's not happy, nor should he be". actually, mcknight should be unhappy with his erratic(at best) play. he was payed alot of money to come in here and make a difference. he's no better than a #4 and is stealing money. i am completely uncomfortable when the ball is thrown his way, fumbles and drops. personally, i believe ward has earned not only the 3rd spot, but maybe even a starting spot alongside chambers(i know, this is a stretch. but i'm trying to make a point). last year, he helped us to at least 2 wins by himself. lets not forget 4th and 4 vs oakland, and 4th and 14 at buffalo(both plays with db's draped over him). i hated this guy in NY but loved the fact that we picked him up

Originally posted by Fiedler for MVP
"McKnight's not happy, nor should he be". actually, mcknight should be unhappy with his erratic(at best) play. he was payed alot of money to come in here and make a difference. he's no better than a #4 and is stealing money. i am completely uncomfortable when the ball is thrown his way, fumbles and drops. personally, i believe ward has earned not only the 3rd spot, but maybe even a starting spot alongside chambers(i know, this is a stretch. but i'm trying to make a point). last year, he helped us to at least 2 wins by himself. lets not forget 4th and 4 vs oakland, and 4th and 14 at buffalo(both plays with db's draped over him). i hated this guy in NY but loved the fact that we picked him up

Exactly his play is eratic but he has the tools to become a very good starting WR..He just need get over mental mistakes...He is the fastest receiver and he has good height at 6'1...A year as the "fourth guy" might be what he needs to redeem himself..

I think Norv, and Wanny plan to use him as their homerun hitter. The scenario I would like to see played out this year, is Ricky pounding the ball for 3 or 4 first downs and making the DB'S creep up closer to the LOS, and Jay play-faking and just lobbing up an easy over the top fly pattern to a wide open McNight for the easy 6.

But until he loses his 'McDrops" moniker, he will do it as the 3rd or 4th option.

Back
Top Bottom