McKnown traded!! (merged) | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

McKnown traded!! (merged)

McKnown traded!!

Dolphins Trade Cade McNown To San Francisco; Release Three Players
June 13, 2002

The Miami Dolphins today traded QB Cade McNown to the San Francisco 49ers in exchange for a conditional seventh-round draft choice in 2003. Also on Thursday, the club released LB Corey Moore, FB Matt Kalapinski and WR Darnell McDonald.

The Dolphins acquired McNown from Chicago on August 22, 2001, along with a seventh-round draft choice in 2002, in exchange for a sixth-round draft choice in 2002 and a conditional seventh-round pick in 2003. He was designated as the third quarterback for all 16 regular season games and the team’s lone playoff contest in 2001.

“With five quarterbacks in camp, it would have been difficult for everyone to get the work they needed, and we felt that we wanted to get a good look at Tim Levcik and Zak Kustok,†said Dolphins Head Coach Dave Wannstedt.

“Cade did everything we asked of him – he worked hard, he was totally professional in his approach and he interacted well with the players and the coaching staff. Unfortunately, with so many quarterbacks on our roster we felt we had to make this move. I wish him the best of luck with the 49ers.â€Â

“I’m looking forward to my opportunity with the 49ers,†said McNown. “I learned a lot in my year in Miami, and I think I will be a better player because of that. I know I can be a quality player in the league, and I hope get a chance to show that in San Francisco.â€Â

Cade McNown Traded, Three Others Released

[intro]QB Cade McNown was traded to the San Francisco 49ers in exchange for a conditional seventh-round draft choice in 2003. The Dolphins also released LB Corey Moore, FB Matt Kalapinski and WR Darnell McDonald.[/intro]

The Dolphins acquired McNown from Chicago on August 22, 2001, along with a seventh-round draft choice in 2002, in exchange for a sixth-round draft choice in 2002 and a conditional seventh-round pick in 2003. He was designated as the third quarterback for all 16 regular season games and the team’s lone playoff contest in 2001.

“With five quarterbacks in camp, it would have been difficult for everyone to get the work they needed, and we felt that we wanted to get a good look at Tim Levcik and Zak Kustok,†said Dolphins Head Coach Dave Wannstedt.

“Cade did everything we asked of him – he worked hard, he was totally professional in his approach and he interacted well with the players and the coaching staff. Unfortunately, with so many quarterbacks on our roster we felt we had to make this move. I wish him the best of luck with the 49ers.â€Â

“I’m looking forward to my opportunity with the 49ers,†said McNown. “I learned a lot in my year in Miami, and I think I will be a better player because of that. I know I can be a quality player in the league, and I hope I get a chance to show that in San Francisco.â€Â

Information gathered from the official website.

Does anyone know why Corey Moore was released?? I thought from all reports he was doing very well at linebacker, and I thought he would get a chance to show what he's got in training camp.

Not overly surprised by this, although I am a little by the fact that they didn't have to just cut him outright. At least they get a conditional pick. WoooWhooo. Now, just think, if JJJ and Cade make their respective new teams, we will be rocking with two additional 7th round picks. LOL

I am a little surprised by the release of Corey Moore. I had kind of hoped that he would emerge as a player, but obviously, that is not the case.

I'm not suprised by the Moore release. He hasn't cut it at LB for any NFL team. He's really small and can't break the top six.

Looks like Levcik will be the man.....just as some of us suspected.

mcnown................

'ol bill walsh must have been tellin' the 9er boyz that he looked a lot like joe montana! :D

why is it, every qb bill walsh likes he says this guy reminds me alot of joe montana [jake plummer]. seems everytime there asking bill about some qb prospect, he is the next montana, expecially if the 40whiners are interested in him.

glad we got a pic for his sorry azz!! :p

JJ Johnson is going to be cut. I read on KFFL.com that the 3 RBs the Browns are sporting right now are, William Green, James Jackson, and Jamal White. BUT you never know. He was suppossed to be good!?!?!?!?

Triple J was switching to fullback for the Brownies. So you might have to look for him under FB

i am a very happy man because miami saved a draft pick out of the cade experiment.

Originally posted by Bobby Humphrey
i am a very happy man because miami saved a draft pick out of the cade experiment.

MAYBE...........
The 49ers owe the Dolphins a draft pick only if McNown is on their 53-man roster for at least five weeks during the regular season. McNown will compete with Tim Rattay, Gio Carmazzi, Aaron Garcia and rookie Brandon Doman for a job behind Jeff Garcia.

this sucks

By keeping McNown under contract on March 1, the Dolphins still owe a 2003 sixth-round draft pick to the Bears to complete the trade that brought the quarterback to South Florida in August. The Dolphins also had agreed to swap picks with Chicago in this year's draft, giving the Bears a sixth-round selection (199th overall) and taking their seventh (241).

from http://www.sun-sentinel.com/sports/...sfl-cade061302.story?coll=sfla-dolphins-front

Back
Top Bottom